Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 52: OKC (16-34) @ DAL (29-23): 120-114 loss
(02-03-2022, 10:32 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Want to know what's crazy to me? Luka is 3rd in the NBA in potential assists at 17.8 a game. Behind only CP3 (19.2) and Harden (18.3). So your point is valid. 

Further Luka has been top 5 in potential assists every year besides his rookie year. Always at around 17-18 a game.

We need a top notch shooter that can take advantage of that space and time Lukas passes provide. Bane would have been nice in Lukas offense. I do think Brunson takes well advantage of that space, he uses that space with penetration much of the time, which then leads to mid range jumpers or assists. But we also badly need a consistent shooter to take advantage of that space from outside. That would keep defenses honest towards the 3 point line. We have seen recent games when either Bullock, DFS or Maxi gets going from 3, its hard to stop our offense. But when they all shoot bad, then we can lose to any team, Orlando or Thunder, or anyone else for that matter. Its hard to trust that for playoffs. Offense an issue that needs to be adressed.

EDIT: Also I noted so many plays where Powell can have and one. He doesn't finish well around the rim. Luka feeds him with so many inside potential assists, but he is not elite finisher around the rim Powell. He is great as roll player. I think that a player like Sabonis would get easy 6-10 points inside per game on the exact same plays as where Powell receives the ball around the rim.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 52: OKC (16-34) @ DAL (29-23): 120-114 loss - by burekemde - 02-03-2022, 10:40 AM