Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 52: OKC (16-34) @ DAL (29-23): 120-114 loss
(02-03-2022, 10:04 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Is it also possible the Mavs have just been thoroughly scouted? I mean this is pretty much the same team as it was 3 years ago. Which means 29 teams have 3 years worth of data on the same 9 players (Luka, KP, DFS, Maxi, Powell, THJ, Burke, Brunson, and Boban) running basically the same offensive scheme.

I started to notice since last year that teams seem 1 step ahead of Luka at times and sit on the exact passes to the corner or out on the key. Which in turn started to make Luka do these dumb mid air passes out of shots because then teams don't expect it.

Well if the team had different players, able to do different things, there's no way the opponent could just magically know where to sit on passes like that. 

I'm still shocked at how little this team has changed since 2018-2019, Luka's rookie season.

Could be, its a good point. I feel that we are getting ton of open shots and with Lukas passes, they never get blocked, there is always an opening after his passes, where our players know they can get the shot of comfortably without defender able to catch up. They are just not being made. Yesterday nobody could make an open shot. Luka and Brunson were effective, the rest were terrible. It was very different in previous years with Curry and THJ in form that actually shot well. They both had the opening, and knocked down the 3s.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • michaeltex
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 52: OKC (16-34) @ DAL (29-23): 120-114 loss - by burekemde - 02-03-2022, 10:28 AM