Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 52: OKC (16-34) @ DAL (29-23): 120-114 loss
(02-03-2022, 08:15 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I think what frustrates me is last night and the Orlando game is how both teams seemed similar in talent to us.   The Mavs need to work so hard to get good shots when teams are really dialed in.  On the other hand, teams seem to get to the bucket easily on us and get open shots.   I am really hoping KP being out is a big factor in this.   This team really needs a 4 who can get baskets.    Easy buckets would be ideal.  You really feel how limited our front court is when KP is out.    The Mavs just lack that burst where they can run away from lesser talented teams.   Teams like PHX can play with their food and then come last 6 minutes of a game go on a 15-4 run and put the game away.  Dallas always seems like they are clawing all game long and then late in games is always an adventure with this team.  Not sure if better players are needed....change in philosophy.. or internal growth...or something else.   Just needs to change.  

I was really worried about the offense with Hardaway out.  Even with the Hardaway struggles.  So far, I think the offense has been solid.   They hit several rough spots last night.   But the defense has looked pretty bad since Hardaway has been out.   I am not saying this is due to Hardaway but I am just surprised how things have looked.

This is why if you have a chance to get a Sabonis you do it. If you can get an Eric Gordon you do it. In the playoffs everyone ratchets up their defense.  You need guys who can score even when the defenses are focused on them. Luka is he only one in this team who can still score when defenses are keying on him.  Every great team has 2 or more players like that.

I know you are saying it is the defense, but you will have games like these in the playoffs whether the defense struggles or not, that it seems to come down to possession by possession. That’s where offense shines. We have had this problem for 3 years now. Good teams or bad we have struggled in close games because historic offense or not we have only one player on offense we can count upon.
[-] The following 2 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • omahen, SleepingHero
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 52: OKC (16-34) @ DAL (29-23): 120-114 loss - by hakeemfaan - 02-03-2022, 09:54 AM