Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THJ Foot Fracture: What to do?
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...7233917953

Figured this is big enough news to have it's own thread. Mavs one expendable trade chip is out for a good while with a notorious injury.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Nothing to do except pray that Bullock gets it going, I guess.
Like Reply
We wait til summer to re-sign Dodo and Jalen...
Like Reply
(01-25-2022, 11:46 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Nothing to do except pray that Bullock gets it going, I guess.

Would you pay ORL in picks to take his contract?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Really hope that the Mavs will go with a conservative timeline. No need to rush him back. 6-8 weeks in a walking boot. And a few more with intense physio. For the average person. I guess a pro athlet has a few more options.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
Sucks for Hardaway.  I hope he gets well soon.   Really feel for him.  

But the NBA is a next man up league.   Opportunity for Green, Frank and Bullock.    They need to step up.
[-] The following 5 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, ballsrchr, DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, Tyler
Like Reply
(01-25-2022, 11:46 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Nothing to do except pray that Bullock gets it going, I guess.

Maybe this could be a blessing in disguise. I like THJ and it looked like he was working himself back into his shooting rhythm but the fit on defense was a big problem.
Could be an opportunity for Green or Frank. I think both deserve more minutes.
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
(01-25-2022, 11:54 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: 6-8 weeks in a walking boot. And a few more with intense physio. For the average person. I guess a pro athlet has a few more options.
Jones Fracture is more like 8-12 week timeline if you're conservative. Lack of blood flow makes healing non linear and slow. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he was out till late April-mid May honestly. And even then he'll need conditioning and getting back into the swing of things.

If anything to me that's a season ender.

(01-25-2022, 11:57 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Maybe this could be a blessing in disguise. I like THJ and it looked like he was working himself back into his shooting rhythm but the fit on defense was a big problem.

I actually agree with you.

But what I'm more disappointed in is the Mavs one major salary that they can use in trades is now off the table. Unless a team like the Rockets or Magic would like him I don't see a good way for the Mavs to use THJ to get talent in like we've been throwing around the last week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(01-25-2022, 11:57 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Jones Fracture is more like 8-12 week timeline if you're conservative. Lack of blood flow makes healing non linear and slow. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he was out till late April-mid May honestly. And even then he'll need conditioning and getting back into the swing of things.

If anything to me that's a season ender.

Is the Jones fracture confirmed? They mentioned the fifth metatarsal but if I remember it correctly that´s not a always a Jones fracture.
  • F Gump
Like Reply
(01-26-2022, 12:03 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Is the Jones fracture confirmed? They mentioned the fifth metatarsal but if I remember it correctly that´s not automatically a Jones fracture.

The tweet I saw saying "Jones Fracture" seems to have been deleted and replaced with "status tomorrow will be updated."  My panic alarms are turning off now. 

For now then it's a regular fracture. Lets hope its not a Jones fracture.
Like Reply
Probably done for the season and probably means there is no trade market for him at the deadline.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/instreetclothes/stat...08736?s=21
Like Reply
[Image: rocky-iv-dolph-lundgren.gif]
Like Reply
(01-26-2022, 12:08 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/instreetclothes/stat...08736?s=21

That´s what I expected. Playoffs start in mid april. I don´t think we will see THJ in another regular season game. Playoffs could be an option. But then again. Don´t rush it.
Like Reply
Adding injury to insult. Mavs shouldn’t have resigned him.
Like Reply
Gives Ujiri some leverage with Dragic.  Kemba for the TPE?
Like Reply
If any of Luka, KP, Maxi, DFS or Brunson had broken their foot, I would be more concerned.  The way Tim was playing, I think his current level of play can be improved on.  Pick up Dragic.  We will be fine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • Omega_Supreme
Like Reply
How about THJ for Turner?  Broken foot for broken foot?  (Kidding)
[-] The following 4 users Like mvossman's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, MFFL, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
The defense will be even better without him.
Like Reply
(01-25-2022, 11:57 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Maybe this could be a blessing in disguise. I like THJ and it looked like he was working himself back into his shooting rhythm but the fit on defense was a big problem.

I don't mind their minutes. It's all the minutes Bullock will play ahead of them that worries me.

(01-25-2022, 11:57 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I don't see a good way for the Mavs to use THJ to get talent in like we've been throwing around the last week.

Let's be honest. They probably weren't going to do this, anyway.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • F Gump, HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply