Poll: Who do you think will win the game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
71.43%
5 71.43%
Warriors
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 48: DAL (27-21) vs. GSW (35-13) | 92-130 loss
(01-26-2022, 08:04 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: It is weird, the more Luka looks like Luka on the floor, the more tricky the Brunson fit feels imo.    This is coming from a Brunson charter member too.    My question though if Brunson cannot fit great with Luka, which ball creator that needs the ball some will work with Luka?   I just feel when Luka is on his game, the offense goes back to everyone watching Luka.   I can't blame it last night because no one else could shoot to help Luka out.

I see the same thing, and it is in the numbers.  Yeah, the eye test and logic tells you this should work.  I think you have to be careful on the eye test that we aren't too focused on games against bad opponents.  Brunson's best +/- games in the last month have come against Sac, Hou and OKC.  His weakest games by +/- have been against GSW, Chi, NYK, Tor and Pho.

As I posted yesterday, Luka is Brunson's second worst pairing on the team since 1/1/22 and Brunson is Luka's worst pairing.  This during a time when the team has had much success.  There is some regression in Brunson's January data compared to Dec/Nov.  It would be interesting to be able to break that out by minutes with and without Luka.  I'm not saying this can't work.  Brunson clearly deserves to be a starter.  Just pointing out there is data to support your feeling.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 48: DAL (27-20) vs. GSW (34-13) | 92-130 loss - by DanSchwartzgan - 01-26-2022, 08:43 AM