Poll: Who do you think will win the game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
71.43%
5 71.43%
Warriors
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 48: DAL (27-21) vs. GSW (35-13) | 92-130 loss
(01-25-2022, 10:45 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: This is a loss. Mavs look ill-prepared and overmatched. 

Unfortunate too cause a THJ injury nixes any shot in improving the team in a meaningful way.

As long as it´s not career-threatening it would have no major influence on possible IND/ORL trades, who try to stink this year anyway.
Like Reply
(01-25-2022, 10:47 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: As long as it´s not career-threatening it would have no major influence on possible IND/ORL trades, who try to stink this year anyway.

Trading an injured player kills their perceived value though. Sounds like THJ has a broken foot which is 6-8 weeks.

Luka 3 and then a Luka lob to KP is nice to see.

Tonight feels like Luka is the only Maverick player that is deserving of an NBA spot, and everyone else are random G-leaguers.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Porzingis 3pt shooting is pathetic. He´s wide open on all of them and shooting under 30%.
Like Reply
It could be worse. This game is not over yet.

Sucks that Hardaway got hurt on a night when he was playing well for a change.
Like Reply
Luka is making some crazy shots but overall the Mavs aren´t creating good looks. Offense is out of sync.
Like Reply
Luka with 41% of the team's points at half.

Taking him out the Mavs are sitting at 11-29 (38%) from the field. Essentially only Luka has anything cooking and whatever Brunson is giving doesn't matter because he's a sieve on defense.

Kleber has been a total non-factor all game. DFS has been mediocre. The one good THJ game he breaks his foot. KP playing for the call and can't make an open 3. 

Powell and Bullock have also been non-factors.

What a deflating game so far.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
The Warriors offense is beautiful to watch.  I wish we would incorporate some of their off ball movement.  If you get caught watching the ball, they will kill you.  

The Warriors defense was good early too.   Mavs got good looks from three but besides Luka missed wide open looks.  Not going to win like that.  

I really prefer the KP who gets going and not settling for early game threes.  He had great looks though, but missed them.  I would like to see if we can get him going by having him go to the rim.  Maybe get some free throws.

Luka kept them in shouting distance with his offense.  But him like others were struggling on defense.

Games like this is where starter Maxi really looks out of place.   Fantastic bench player but just too dependent having teams leave him open for open threes.  Need to find a way to upgrade that starting spot imo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Timmy?
Like Reply
(01-25-2022, 11:13 PM)cow Wrote: Timmy?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Brunson dribbling it off his foot is just great to see. And then DFS misses an alley oop. 

Lol. How is it possible for these guys swing from being elite to trash so violently.
Like Reply
Brunson literally left his man AGAIN off the switch causing KP to run to the corner. Like his 5th time tonight.

Did JB not read the scouting report?

Brunson too small on Looney giving up the offensive board. 

If he missed that floater I would've poured myself a drink
Like Reply
I have no idea who's man Poole was but the fact he was just wide open in the corner says this team wasn't ready for this game. Sheesh
Like Reply
[Image: the-dude-give-up.gif]

Saw the THJ injury.  This is going to sound horrible but I hope it is a break and not something more serious.
Like Reply
Warriors ball movement is what is putting pressure on their defense. Shooting 55% from the field doesn't hurt either. OPJ was a sneaky good pickup for GS.
Like Reply
These games happen.  I would give it a few more minutes and if you don't make a run, rest the starters.   Without Hardaway tomorrow, the Mavs will be shorthanded against Portland.  That was the more important game to win imo.

GS offense is tearing the Mavs defense apart.  Mavs defense has been much better this year, but this teams needs to improve their offense if they want to be a threat in the playoffs.  Good teams will score.   You got to be able to keep up with them.

Man, both Bullock and Hardaway have been enigmas this year.   The more I see of Bullock, I am not sure if he is here for the long run.
Like Reply
Fractured pinkie toe for THJ. He's out for a good while.

EDIT: Not pinky toe. First tweet I read was wrong. Fifth metatarsal is a jones fracture. Welp. 

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...7233917953
Like Reply
(01-25-2022, 11:31 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: The more I see of Bullock, I am not sure if he is here for the long run.

In my opinion, he has been the most disappointing player on the entire team.
Like Reply
(01-25-2022, 10:39 PM)Tunesquad23 Wrote: Thanks buddy! I was on my to pick up my daughter from daycare in the left lane going straight. Then, a lady was turning left, but she didn’t have the right away & collided into me & hit my car. Luckily I had air bags, but it could’ve been a lot worse. My arm is burned from the air bags, but no severe injuries thank god! If I didn’t have air bags it could’ve been a lot worse! Yeah. It’s not looking good with the game. I won’t be able to watch the whole game, but I have it recorded.

Figured it was a woman. All the accidents I've ever been in, it was always a woman driver. All of them aren't bad, just most of them. Glad you're ok.
Like Reply
Porzingis is having a rough one.

Not nearly as bad as Bullock’s, however.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Great little sequence by Josh Green there
Like Reply
(01-25-2022, 11:48 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: In my opinion, he has been the most disappointing player on the entire team.

I know he's had a few good games recently but I just don't understand why we paid him so much.
Like Reply