Poll: Who do you think will win the game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
87.50%
7 87.50%
Grizzlies
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 47: MEM (32-17) @ DAL (27-20)| 91-104 WIN!
Seems like everything Timmy does doesn't end well

Luka really doesn't get any calls. I know he complains but he's actually getting mauled.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
That was definitely late, but Luka got smacked in the face with no call.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
KRISTAPS PORZINGIS MY GOODNESS!
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
KP and DFS are both working their asses off out there.

THIS is the KP I thought the Mavericks were acquiring and extending.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 08:31 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: THIS is the KP I thought the Mavericks were acquiring and extending.

I'm surprised you're so positive since KP hasn't had a stellar offensive game so far.

I'm confused as to how Luka has 14 points already. He seriously does score so much that it all blends together.
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 08:33 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm surprised you're so positive since KP hasn't had a stellar offensive game so far.

My complaint all last year was about defense, and he is definitely impacting the game on that end. I think he is having an effect on offense, too. Playing within the scheme, off of Luka, using his gravity to help others.

The biggest factors to me are:

He is playing the five. That should be his position.

He is moving well. I was wrong to predict he never would again.

He is playing hard! Takes a lot of effort to get a body that size moving at an adequate speed. 

Now, the question is whether or not he can do this consistently. I’m starting to get used to it, so it has been fairly consistent recently. If he finishes the season playing like this I will be singing a different tune this summer than I was last summer.

Honestly, this team as a whole is so much more fun to watch right now than they were for the first month of the season. I don’t even care that they are winning, honestly. It’s just so refreshing to see them look like they have training on both ends.

I guess it takes a while for a new coaching staff to do their thing. That first month of the season scared the stuffing out of me.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, fifteenth, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 08:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I guess it takes a while for a new coaching staff to do their thing. That first month of the season scared the stuffing out of me.

See I'm not convinced yet. I think this team still really has to improve the talent level. I just don't have any realistic idea how to do it. 

I'm waiting to see how this team does in the playoffs before I pass any judgment on Kidd and his schemes. Carlisle nearly beat the Clips 2 years in a row which is no easy task.
Like Reply
Maxi never would have put the ball on the floor like that under RC.
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 08:52 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Maxi never would have put the ball on the floor like that under RC.

Nor would DFS. Him faking the 3 and going for the dunk/dish has been my favorite move.
[-] The following 1 user Likes aguiar95's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 08:54 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: Nor would DFS. Him faking the 3 and going for the dunk/dish has been my favorite move.

Not even Carlisle good stop the ascension of the God King.
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 08:54 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: Nor would DFS. Him faking the 3 and going for the dunk/dish has been my favorite move.

Agreed.

Now if THJ can just get back to where he was we'd have something.
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 08:56 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Agreed.

Now if THJ can just get back to where he was we'd have something.

Yup, if THJ can go back to the Knicks, we'd have a lot going for us.
[-] The following 1 user Likes aguiar95's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
KP is having himself a game my goodness
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 08:52 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Maxi never would have put the ball on the floor like that under RC.

Totally.

Earlier, when I was talking about Kidd, I didn’t mean that I thought they were emerging as contenders, exactly.

It’s just that it was obvious early on this season that his plan for the absence of playmaking was to make everyone on the floor a playmaker, rather than to wait until others could be acquired. I thought this strategy was bananas at first, because it made the team really hard to watch and was extremely ineffective. Lately, Kleber, DFS, Hardaway and others have all shown that they are getting more comfortable doing a wider variety of things on the offensive end. I’m starting to appreciate that aspect of the job Kidd and staff have done this year.

I have seen more pick and roll between Porzingis and Doncic tonight than I have during the last two years cumulatively, I think.

Please, please, please keep playing him at center!
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
I feel bad for KP. Having a monster game on defense and being frozen by Luka on offense. Must be frustrating as hell.
Like Reply
(01-23-2022, 09:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Totally.

Earlier, when I was talking about Kidd, I didn’t mean that I thought they were emerging as contenders, exactly.

It’s just that it was obvious early on this season that his plan for the absence of playmaking was to make everyone on the floor a playmaker, rather than to wait until others could be acquired. I thought this strategy was bananas at first, because it made the team really hard to watch and was extremely ineffective. Lately, Kleber, DFS, Hardaway and others have all shown that they are getting more comfortable doing a wider variety of things on the offensive end. I’m starting to appreciate that aspect of the job Kidd and staff have done this year.

Ah I agree with you from that POV. I still think there are times where this team is really hard to watch with Maxi/DFS/JB playmaking growing pains but I agree there is a newfound appreciation in these guys aggressiveness.

KP to Luka! THEN LUKA TO KP! YOU GOTTA LOVE IT!

(01-23-2022, 09:02 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: I feel bad for KP. Having a monster game on defense and being frozen by Luka on offense. Must be frustrating as hell.

Yeah I still don't get how KP gets frozen out of the offense.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
We are finally seeing pick and roll between Luka and Porzingis. Porzingis has been involved in almost every action for the last five minutes. Oh, happy day!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Yep. Just how we drew it up. Luka and Powell stalwart rim protectors like we all knew.
Like Reply
DFS God King block right there
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Luka taking the game over right now. Just making play after play.
Like Reply