Poll: Who do you think will win the game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
71.43%
5 71.43%
Warriors
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 48: DAL (27-21) vs. GSW (35-13) | 92-130 loss
Nothing going right for KP

Wait he got ejected for that????
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
KP, real smart move. Cya tomorrow.
Like Reply
Might be one of the worst defensive performance Brunson has ever put on as a Mav
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Kuminga just put Green on a poster.
Like Reply
That dunk was nice and sums up this game perfectly.  Get bodied Mavs.
Like Reply
Warriors just getting payback from that beatdown they took last time they played.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Everytime KP plays the Warriors, he looks like the biggest liability. They know how to attack him on defense with their constant ball screens to force the mismatch
[-] The following 2 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • burekemde, KillerLeft
Like Reply
It happens. Mavs had an off night. Lost THJ. Couldn´t bring the usual energy. No need to panic. Just need to go back to work and take care of business in the next three games (Pacers, Magic, Thunder).
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-26-2022, 12:08 AM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Everytime KP plays the Warriors, he looks like the biggest liability. They know how to attack him on defense with their constant ball screens to force the mismatch

I can't wait until the KP era is over.
Like Reply
(01-26-2022, 12:08 AM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Everytime KP plays the Warriors, he looks like the biggest liability. They know how to attack him on defense with their constant ball screens to force the mismatch

Great observation. When we get the opposing team in paint, he is excellent. But against good shooting teams, he can be liability.
Like Reply
It is weird, the more Luka looks like Luka on the floor, the more tricky the Brunson fit feels imo.    This is coming from a Brunson charter member too.    My question though if Brunson cannot fit great with Luka, which ball creator that needs the ball some will work with Luka?   I just feel when Luka is on his game, the offense goes back to everyone watching Luka.   I can't blame it last night because no one else could shoot to help Luka out.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • Nowitzki Way, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(01-26-2022, 08:04 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: It is weird, the more Luka looks like Luka on the floor, the more tricky the Brunson fit feels imo.    This is coming from a Brunson charter member too.    My question though if Brunson cannot fit great with Luka, which ball creator that needs the ball some will work with Luka?   I just feel when Luka is on his game, the offense goes back to everyone watching Luka.   I can't blame it last night because no one else could shoot to help Luka out.

They have been a great fit in other games (Luka and Brunson) where Luka was also dominant, and our defense has looked great and they produced amazingly well at least as long as THJ was not part of lineup. I just think this was a game off for the entire team, besides some period of heroics from Luka, but Luka also had some tough time in periods. I would judge Brunson on the season that he has had.

It's an important point you raise, if there will be any trend of Luka playing better with his shooting and Brunsons game regressing. Its something to keep an eye on. In general I think they have been a great fit and this has raised Lukas defensive game what Brunson has added on offense.
Like Reply
(01-26-2022, 08:04 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: It is weird, the more Luka looks like Luka on the floor, the more tricky the Brunson fit feels imo.    This is coming from a Brunson charter member too.    My question though if Brunson cannot fit great with Luka, which ball creator that needs the ball some will work with Luka?   I just feel when Luka is on his game, the offense goes back to everyone watching Luka.   I can't blame it last night because no one else could shoot to help Luka out.

I see the same thing, and it is in the numbers.  Yeah, the eye test and logic tells you this should work.  I think you have to be careful on the eye test that we aren't too focused on games against bad opponents.  Brunson's best +/- games in the last month have come against Sac, Hou and OKC.  His weakest games by +/- have been against GSW, Chi, NYK, Tor and Pho.

As I posted yesterday, Luka is Brunson's second worst pairing on the team since 1/1/22 and Brunson is Luka's worst pairing.  This during a time when the team has had much success.  There is some regression in Brunson's January data compared to Dec/Nov.  It would be interesting to be able to break that out by minutes with and without Luka.  I'm not saying this can't work.  Brunson clearly deserves to be a starter.  Just pointing out there is data to support your feeling.
Like Reply
Regarding Golden State, it is amazing how they went about collecting assets the past few years.  They signed DeAngelo Russell, I believe in a sign and trade.   I think they probably even knew the fit wasn't great when they signed him.  But he was an asset.  They were able to turn him into Wiggins and Kuminga.  Wow.  Wiggins has found his footing in Golden State.  Whether he is there long term or eventually moved for another player.   Kuminga is the real prize.   In 3 years, he could be scary and a nice bridge as Curry, Klay and Draymond will be entering their later stages of their career.   

Find the talent first....worry about the fit later imo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(01-26-2022, 09:52 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Regarding Golden State, it is amazing how they went about collecting assets the past few years.  They signed DeAngelo Russell, I believe in a sign and trade.   I think they probably even knew the fit wasn't great when they signed him.  But he was an asset.  They were able to turn him into Wiggins and Kuminga.  Wow.  Wiggins has found his footing in Golden State.  Whether he is there long term or eventually moved for another player.   Kuminga is the real prize.   In 3 years, he could be scary and a nice bridge as Curry, Klay and Draymond will be entering their later stages of their career.   

Find the talent first....worry about the fit later imo.

I've admired that too. Very jealous of their team building around their stars. Jordan Poole was a nice pick at the end of the 1st round. Then picking guys up off the street like Damion Lee and Gary Payton II.

They make mistakes too. Picking Wiseman over LaMelo Ball was a terrible decision. The fit may not be perfect, but like you said, asset building.
Like Reply
(01-26-2022, 09:57 AM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: I've admired that too. Very jealous of their team building around their stars. Jordan Poole was a nice pick at the end of the 1st round. Then picking guys up off the street like Damion Lee and Gary Payton II.

They make mistakes too. Picking Wiseman over LaMelo Ball was a terrible decision. The fit may not be perfect, but like you said, asset building.

Otto Porter Jr was a sneaky good pickup too. Looks like he's finally healthy again and gives them depth.
Like Reply
(01-26-2022, 10:12 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Otto Porter Jr was a sneaky good pickup too. Looks like he's finally healthy again and gives them depth.

Very good pickup for what they need him for. Fits perfectly in that offense. Stand in the corner and hit open shots. He can do that.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/...8832529413

https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/...4684920836

https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/...6799162370

https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/...0575982593
Like Reply
Looked like a tired Mavs squad last night. Thought they would lose after only six minutes in. 

But my big takeaway is this Mavs team will NEVER outscore the Warriors. Especially without THJ.

They MUST get stops. That's the only path. Given Brunson's reduced production next to Luka, I'm even more convinced he's the guy that needs to be moved to upgrade the defense. Hate to trade Brunson -- he's very good offensively -- but Brunson+Powell for Smart is a win for both teams.
Like Reply