Poll: Who will win the game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
6 100.00%
Raptors
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 45: TOR (21-21) @ DAL (26-19) | 98-102 WIN!
I hope this isn't a flagrant 2 on Maxi

Wow a common foul only?? 

I never thought I'd see a day where that much contact be ruled a regular foul in today's NBA.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-19-2022, 09:19 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Lots of small mistakes that add up. I could be a little harsh but there is a noted difference in the overall defense when THJ is out there versus Bullock/Green and even S. Brown.

I’m not trying to defend THJ because I agree he has been really bad at times this year. But I’ve seen Bullock get blown by at least three times already in this game, and I was not shocked.

I sure am ready for Luka to start making some threes again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(01-19-2022, 09:19 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: You have a point. I also thought THJ gave up too much space down low. Not much you can do against the Siakam fadeaway but he still didn't do his work early.

Earlier FVV blew by him 2 times that lead to a layup and foul. He doubled off of Boucher that also gave up good post position that Siakam thankfully didn't see. 

Lots of small mistakes that add up. I could be a little harsh but there is a noted difference in the overall defense when THJ is out there versus Bullock/Green and even S. Brown.

Of course there is. Three mentioned guys are plus defenders but it´s not like VanVleet isn´t blowing by Bullock or Brown. Maybe Green is quick enough to stay in front of him.
Double teams off of Boucher and Siakam seem to be part of the game plan because he isn´t the only one that is doing it.
Like Reply
Luka's definitely in a groove right now offensively. Even if the shots aren't dropping. But one thing I've noticed is the lack of ball movement the last 2-3 minutes. Basically been Luka do everything that ends in a basket for him or 1 perfect pass where someones open. 

Not saying its a bad thing just an observation.

DODO WHAT!

Didn't think he had that finesse in him.

Also not surprising as soon THJ goes to the bench the Mavs go on a 10-2 run.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Great defense from Kleber and Powell. Cannot play the pick and roll any better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
DFS WITH THE REVERSE???
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
The Luka Brunson connection there! So good to see.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Clearly, an effective defensive adjustment was made because the Raptors are shooting exclusively long twos now.

I’m really becoming a fan of Kidd’s defensive coaching.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Loving this Luka - getting by people again, making his free throws (83% last 13 games!), making defensive plays, seems to complain less..hopefully the three point shot is next to improve
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Listened to Jonathan Tjarks on the Ringer with Kevin O'Conner and he basically reasoned that Luka is posting up people so much this year because it's the easiest offense to do if you're out of shape.

(01-19-2022, 09:26 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I’m really becoming a fan of Kidd’s defensive coaching

Forgot where I read it but Lakers with Kidd were 1st and 3rd in DRTG the last two years. Now they're 18th.
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
KP's shot smooth like butter. 

Also that should be a challenge cause Kleber got all ball.
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
KP has it going
Like Reply
Damn Dodo failed KP there.
Like Reply
(01-19-2022, 09:34 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: KP's shot smooth like butter. 

Also that should be a challenge cause Kleber got all ball.

He didn´t. Sometimes I wonder if the players really think that they didn´t foul or if it just part of the game to argue over every single call.
Like Reply
GREAT defense by THJ there. Fantastic charge.

(01-19-2022, 09:36 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: He didn´t. Sometimes I wonder if the players really think that they didn´t foul or if it just part of the game to argue over every single call.
When I played basketball I rarely if ever thought I actually fouled someone. When you're in the heat of the moment very rarely are you going to admit you did something wrong unless it was so obvious or intentional.
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
Pretty good first half from both teams.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Really good game. Both teams playing well.

Really need to do something about the defensive glass in the second half.
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
(01-19-2022, 09:26 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I’m really becoming a fan of Kidd’s defensive coaching.

His D as a player was a huge part of our championship run.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Brunson's floater is pretty.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
We will just pretend that the last two Dodo attempts never happened.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, LukTheShadow, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply