Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Followill on Locked on Mavs!
Wow, this is cool. Followill on something that's not behind a paywall! Check it out. I'm listening right now, so can't offer any comments yet. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr8ziovh-7Y
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Anything good? Worth a listen?
Like Reply
I've had to stop and start it, so haven't even finished it. But it's good. I always like to hear what Mark has to say. He talks about how the team has progressed, he talks about Kidd, he answers questions about Luka's conditioning, and then...maybe the best part...he talks a bood bit about Dirk.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
Interesting listen but not a deep dive into bball analysis. Says some of the Mavs recent defensive success is real and repeatable as opposed to just lucky. Says Kidd wants to lessen the load on Luka cause you can’t win 3 more rounds in the playoffs if the first series wears out Luka like last year’s Clips series wore him down. Says Luka never looked noticeably out of shape to him. Thinks Luka’s struggles are due to an injury early in the season that set him back and has affected his performance. Impressed that he has fought through an injury that clearly has bothered him. Finds nothing about his numbers so far this season the least bit concerning except for the 3 point percentage. That’s all I recall.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • burekemde, fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-18-2022, 04:25 AM)Jommybone Wrote: Says Luka never looked noticeably out of shape to him. Thinks Luka’s struggles are due to an injury early in the season that set him back and has affected his performance. Impressed that he has fought through an injury that clearly has bothered him.

Agree totally with Mark. I had the same view from the start of season. It was all injury related, and some people misinterpreted that as due to weight/fat. It also explain why Luka now performs well after he fought through the injury that bothered him. You cant do that if due to overweight in such a short period of time. Totally injury related. But its something to keep an eye on as the season goes. As I see Luka he is protecting that ankle. He runs well and is in great shape, but he protects the ankle for the playoffs.
Like Reply
It's a fun listen but as mentioned before, there's nothing spectacularly new here. I guess the biggest takeaway for me was that Followill is really optimistic about the situation, which gives me hope. At least when he offers this perspective on a channel not paid for by the Mavericks. which is the case right there.
[-] The following 2 users Like meistermatze's post:
  • fifteenth, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I found his take on Luka and his conditioning and overall physical status interesting. We had quite some discussions on the board here (yes, I'm lurking) about a lack of professionalism or even extended partying being the reason for some of Luka's troubles. I would assume Followill is much closer to the situation to be able to assess it - sure he might also not want to paint a negative picture on Luka, but the trouble that comes with playing through injuries is not new here. We had that before with Dirk multiple times. And maybe it would make sense to have some trust in your best player and give him the benefit of the doubt instead of accusing him of unprofessional behavior.
[-] The following 4 users Like doozer's post:
  • burekemde, fifteenth, ReunionMav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply