Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 0.5 pt RAPTOR & 1.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
83.33%
10 83.33%
Knicks
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 41: DAL (22-19) @ NYK (21-21) | 85-108 loss
(01-12-2022, 09:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: @"KillerLeft" and @"dirkfansince1998" can y'all give me your concise summaries of what's going on with Luka this season? What are your opinions and takes on him?

Man, I’ve flipped on it several times. Not really sure, anymore. I think ALL of the following is part of the equation, though I waiver daily on what extent to blame each component:

1) health issues (conditioning probs maybe, plus wear and tear from olympics)

2) rule changes taking a little too much of his perimeter bag away from him (hasn’t adjusted yet)

3) shooting slump, rather than improvement from last year (hopefully temporary)

4) still not happy with something about this lockerrom/org 

5) trouble adjusting to new systems

6) more to the point, new offensive system isn’t custom made for things he ALREADY dies well like the last one was.

7) league catching up to his tendencies and getting better at taking them away in ways he hasn’t solved yet

8) hate to say it…he got his contract…not a lazy guy, but some complacency is human nature, especially if everyone walks on eggshells around you

9) less experienced coaching could mean less help for a young player, even if this is what he wanted

10) general want for maturity and professionalism when it comes to excellence (it’s hard - he’ll get there)

Idk…some combo of all of that?
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, Kammrath, michaeltex, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 41: DAL (21-18) @ NYK (20-21) | Jan 12, 6:30 pm | Mavs 0.5 pt & 1.5 pt favs - by KillerLeft - 01-12-2022, 09:43 PM