Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 0.5 pt RAPTOR & 1.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
83.33%
10 83.33%
Knicks
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 41: DAL (22-19) @ NYK (21-21) | 85-108 loss
(01-12-2022, 09:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Serious question: 

These guys are young. Are they freaked out about trade rumors? The ENTIRE TEAM was just awful tonight.

Follow up:

These guys are young. Did they all get trashed last night?
[-] The following 3 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Did they get to NY last night and party until 4 AM or something???

(01-12-2022, 09:57 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Follow up:

These guys are young. Did they all get trashed last night?

Great minds. Beat me to it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
I feel like what we saw tonight reminded me of early in the season. When things went wrong early this season they tended to hang their heads, get into their heads, and basically quit. What was so different in the last 15 games to me was they played with much more maturity and didn't let one bad play become two, if that makes sense. They fought on defense regardless of how things were going.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 09:54 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Dirk had slumps I'm sure, but he's a much better shooter than Luka.

Dirk had a similar season in 03/04. PPP dropped from 25.1 to 21.8. Efficiency was down as well. Only 34.1% from 3. By far his worst prime season.
Mavs as a whole disappointed and made big roster changes. Replaced Walker + Jamison and added Terry. Let Nash go.
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 10:00 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I feel like what we saw tonight reminded me of early in the season. When things went wrong early this season they tended to hang their heads, get into their heads, and basically quit. What was so different in the last 15 games to me was they played with much more maturity and didn't let one bad play become two, if that makes sense. They fought on defense regardless of how things were going.

I honestly think they partied too hard in NYC last night. Makes more sense with each passing second. 

Kleber couldn’t catch a pass, ffs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 10:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I honestly think they partied too hard in NYC last night. Makes more sense with each passing second. 

Kleber couldn’t catch a pass, ffs.

There were literally three different games I think in the first five this season where I commented that Luka looked hungover to me on the court, even the way he was sweating looked like a hangover sweat.
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 10:00 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I feel like what we saw tonight reminded me of early in the season. When things went wrong early this season they tended to hang their heads, get into their heads, and basically quit. What was so different in the last 15 games to me was they played with much more maturity and didn't let one bad play become two, if that makes sense. They fought on defense regardless of how things were going.

This. I was starting to like the fact that while this might not be a high scoring team like we are used to, this bunch was actually playing with some grit and toughness. There is no excuse for losing defensive intensity. However the guys who bring that intensity every night are Green, Bullock, Frankie and Powell and they got the lowest minutes. 

Kidd looked like he went away from what was starting to become the Mavs calling card and went back to the offense first guys primarily and it yielded a predictable result.

Forgot to mention Chriss as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, Borkhan
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 10:08 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Powell

Was really good in the last few games but today he just wasn´t up for the task. Mavs had no answer for the Knicks physicality in the paint. Robinson bullied Powell.
And slightly off topic...anyone knows a player that spends more time on the floor?
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 10:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I honestly think they partied too hard in NYC last night.

I agree. In fact, it's possible that partying too hard might have something to do with the questions about Luka as well. Like, getting that contract, and getting Slovenia to advance in the Oympics, and then partying for the rest of the summer.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • Kammrath, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 10:11 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Was really good in the last few games but today he just wasn´t up for the task. Mavs had no answer for the Knicks physicality in the paint. Robinson bullied Powell.
And slightly off topic...anyone knows a player that spends more time on the floor?

I have always maintained that for the Mavs to take the next step both Powell and Maxi have to go. I know many here love Maxi but they get exposed against strong interior guys and Robinson is not even that special.  I have also said that for a chiseled guy he seems to lack balance or core strength as he is often falling down. Totally agreed. 

However Powell play hard and doesn’t let what happpens at one end of the court dictate the effort on the other end.
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 10:15 PM)fifteenth Wrote: it's possible that partying too hard might have something to do with the questions about Luka as well.

Yep, been thinking that since the first week of the season...but have stayed away from mentioning it too much because it is total speculation. But JJB in his interview with Reddick absolutely hinted at Luka being a party guy who still has some significant growing up to do in that area.
Like Reply
Missed the game.  How bad was it?  Are we back in the tank?
Like Reply
The whole team stunk. So we can’t just blame Luka. The question should be more to the team on why they let failure on one end affect the other. Offense doesn’t travel well in the NBA. I hope this is a minor bump and the team goes back to developing that defensive identity that was beginning to become their calling card.  

I question why some of the defensive options who had played well when Luka was out was not given more minutes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hakeemfaan's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 10:26 PM)cow Wrote: Missed the game.  How bad was it?  Are we back in the tank?

We came to the conclusion that the team tanked last night.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Kammrath, KillerLeft
Like Reply
So much for Luka taking his game to another level with KP out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
Didn't watch the game nor the highlights.
But I'm assuming Fat Luka couldn't get into the paint so he settled for a 1 out of 9 shooting from 3.
Like Reply
The shooting finally went cold...the Knicks have been playing well recently too so this was not a surprise. This was actually the first blowout loss in a month so they were due
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 11:34 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Didn't watch the game nor the highlights.
But I'm assuming Fat Luka couldn't get into the paint so he settled for a 1 out of 9 shooting from 3.

Exactly.
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 09:38 PM)Kammrath Wrote: What are your speculations of what's going on behind the veil here: Fatigue? Strength-training issues? Conditioning? Diet? Extra-weight?

Looks like all of above.
Like Reply
It does look like Luka has aged 15 years since the Olympics
Hell even in pre-season he was moving around pretty well putting up some crazy statlines in limited minutes

I wonder if there's not some other non-disclosed injury besides ankle stuff they're keeping under wraps
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply