Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 0.5 pt RAPTOR & 1.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
83.33%
10 83.33%
Knicks
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 41: DAL (22-19) @ NYK (21-21) | 85-108 loss
DFS worst game in...cannot even remember...brutal stretch to end the quarter.
Like Reply
Luka's head not in the game. Silly charge turnover. I guess the Knicks got their number after all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
@"KillerLeft" and @"dirkfansince1998" can y'all give me your concise summaries of what's going on with Luka this season? What are your opinions and takes on him?
Like Reply
5-17....3 ast, 5 TOs...team worst -22....UGH.
Like Reply
4 vs 3 fastbreak ending in a turnover. Takes special abilities to slow the game down and bring two trailing defenders back into the play.
Like Reply
Bye bye winning streak. Let's start a new one in Memphis Friday, (yeah right)
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 09:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: @"KillerLeft" and @"dirkfansince1998" can y'all give me your concise summaries of what's going on with Luka this season? What are your opinions and takes on him?

Short summary. Luka is not in shape and a step slow. Also missing some lift on his jumper.
Mavs spacing is a lot worse and it is easier for team to double/trap him or collapse on the drive (that´s how the game started today, Luka created two wide open 3s. DFS and Kleber missed). The Knicks dared the Mavs (including Luka) to shoot from deep. Mavs couldn´t take advantage. That´s nothing new.
In the last couple of games the defense carried the team. Tonight that wasn´t the case.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 09:36 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Luka is not in shape and a step slow

What are your speculations of what's going on behind the veil here: Fatigue? Strength-training issues? Conditioning? Diet? Extra-weight?
Like Reply
I already mentioned it a few weeks ago. The Mavs aren´t just missing 3s. Some of them are completly off. Good shooters generally miss long or short. That´s what Maxi is doing. THJ, DFS, Bullock and Luka are missing left and right with huge variation.
Like Reply
No defense insight. Knicks controlling the boards and getting what they want, and Mavs are missing clean looks. They're 3 pt shooting is abysmal, 8-35.
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 09:38 PM)Kammrath Wrote: What are your speculations of what's going on behind the veil here: Fatigue? Strength-training issues? Conditioning? Diet? Extra-weight?

Wasn´t in great shape to begin the season. Wanted to play himself into shape. Suffered from a few minor injuries and couldn´t practise and play as much as he wanted to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 09:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: @"KillerLeft" and @"dirkfansince1998" can y'all give me your concise summaries of what's going on with Luka this season? What are your opinions and takes on him?

Man, I’ve flipped on it several times. Not really sure, anymore. I think ALL of the following is part of the equation, though I waiver daily on what extent to blame each component:

1) health issues (conditioning probs maybe, plus wear and tear from olympics)

2) rule changes taking a little too much of his perimeter bag away from him (hasn’t adjusted yet)

3) shooting slump, rather than improvement from last year (hopefully temporary)

4) still not happy with something about this lockerrom/org 

5) trouble adjusting to new systems

6) more to the point, new offensive system isn’t custom made for things he ALREADY dies well like the last one was.

7) league catching up to his tendencies and getting better at taking them away in ways he hasn’t solved yet

8) hate to say it…he got his contract…not a lazy guy, but some complacency is human nature, especially if everyone walks on eggshells around you

9) less experienced coaching could mean less help for a young player, even if this is what he wanted

10) general want for maturity and professionalism when it comes to excellence (it’s hard - he’ll get there)

Idk…some combo of all of that?
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, Kammrath, michaeltex, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 09:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: shooting slump

Is 26 games a "slump" still? I don't know what I would call it, but we have seen slumps from Luka every season and this feels like a totally different animal to me.....which is absolutely terrifying.
Like Reply
This is why I'm not sold on this team. They had good wins over GS and Chi, who didn't play their best probably,  They look tired and unmotivated after a day off.
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 09:46 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Is 26 games a "slump" still? I don't know what I would call it, but we have seen slumps from Luka every season and this feels like a totally different animal to me.....which is absolutely terrifying.

If it overlaps with a bad ankle and a big stretch of missed games, maybe.
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 09:47 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: If it overlaps with a bad ankle and a big stretch of missed games, maybe.

Genuine question: Did we see shooting slumps with Dirk correlate with his ankle injuries? I don't remember a correlation at all, but my memory could be way off.
Like Reply
Dirk had slumps I'm sure, but he's a much better shooter than Luka.
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 09:50 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Genuine question: Did we see shooting slumps with Dirk correlate with his ankle injuries? I don't remember a correlation at all, but my memory could be way off.

No idea. I’m not sure they compare as shooters, however. I think Dirk was much more process oriented with his shot.

Luka has missed something like 10 layups tonight. Whatever we’re talking about, it’s not the answer for THIS particular game. The entire team is out there playing like they’re on Molly.
Like Reply
(01-12-2022, 09:46 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Is 26 games a "slump" still? I don't know what I would call it, but we have seen slumps from Luka every season and this feels like a totally different animal to me.....which is absolutely terrifying.

Even a whole season could be a slump. We know that Luka can do better. He himself probably knows it better than anyone else. I had high hopes that losing in the first round against the Clippers again would trigger something and lead to a more mature approach. That wasn´t the case. Still think that it will happen. Maybe next summer. Maybe in a couple of years.

I also think that he is overplayed. He really needs a full offseason but that´s probably not going to happen any time soon. Don´t think he will skip the eurobaskets when Slovenia is the defending champion.
Like Reply
Serious question: 

These guys are young. Are they freaked out about trade rumors? The ENTIRE TEAM was just awful tonight.
Like Reply