Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (+20, 10 pts, 3 ast, 3 rbd)
10.71%
3 10.71%
Maxi (+31, 8 pts, 1 blk, 1 stl, 1 ast, 11 rbd)
0%
0 0%
DP (+15, 15 pts, 1 blk, 1 ast, 5 rbd)
3.57%
1 3.57%
RB (+20, 15 pts, 1 stl, 4 ast, 7 rbd)
14.29%
4 14.29%
JB (+31, 15 pts, 1 stl, 10 ast, 4 rbd)
21.43%
6 21.43%
JG (-3, 17 pts, 2 stl, 2 ast, 5 rbd)
46.43%
13 46.43%
THJ (+10, 19 pts, 7 ast, 4 rbd)
3.57%
1 3.57%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 39 DIRKIE: Winner JG (46%) | Runner-ups JB (21%) & RB (14%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
It's Josh Green mate.
Like Reply
(01-07-2022, 10:32 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?

[Image: logo.gif]
Like Reply
Josh Green is starting to look like a real player. Defense, handles, passing, scoring, crazy athleticism. I'm a believer.

As a group, Bullock, THJ, and Green combined for 51 points, 16 rebounds, and 13 assists on 57% shooting. If that type of all-around production is something they can consistently bring to the table at the wing, this is a totally different team.
Like Reply
Shucks...all the starters played good.  Ordinarily I'd have to hem and haw between Kleber and JB.  Unfortunately for them...JG showed up and played pretty good.  I always liked JG and was rooting for him...even when he kept getting DNP (coaches decision).  Well...that was different year, different coach.  Josh Green is getting to play now.  He looks more comfortable, and he is performing.  My Dirkie for Josh Green.  Sorry Maxi...and JB.
Like Reply
Josh Green having a crossover pullup jumper and then a corner 3 sealed the deal for me. 

He might actually be an NBA player!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheKobeBeef/status/1...6099138560
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/...3994719233
Like Reply
Im a big Green fan too...but let's tap the breaks a little.  He's not good in traffic while dribbling, questionable shot...he has to have perfect conditions to hit 3s they can't be contested,  he has an issue with not being creative enough or think quick enough to score easily on fast breaks with a guy guarding him...he makes it look tougher than most other NBA players make it look to score on fast breaks.  

I hope he fixes these issues asap...like him
Like Reply
(01-07-2022, 10:52 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Josh Green having a crossover pullup jumper and then a corner 3 sealed the deal for me. 

He might actually be an NBA starter!

FIFY
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • ClutchDirk, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
[Image: godking.png]
Like Reply
Just so glad that Bullock has turned it around lately.
I feel like you knew it was coming eventually when he was actually given a more defined role and what amounts to starter minutes
Like Reply
It is a tough choice, but I give it to Bullock.   He got off to a quick start and sometimes when you see a few threes goes in it gets contagious.   The Mavs started hot and never looked back.   

On a separate note, for the second game in a row, Bullock had a nice pass on a two man action.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, Kammrath
Like Reply
(01-08-2022, 12:08 AM)cow Wrote: [Image: godking.png]

I complained about this all the way back to the original DFS: Jae Crowder. Carlisle just wants to reduce players errors and keep their roles very simplistic. He never allowed players to challenge themselves and test their limits. Hardly a surprise we won the title with a team full of veterans that didn´t need to test out their limits. They already knew them.

What we have seen with the Mavs this season is growing pains. Kidd allows players to express themselves more and with that come errors, but also (in some cases and best cases) improvement and more confidence over time. DFS is one example. Green/Ntilikina are others.

Green is still a bit hesitant, but he looks so much more confident driving the ball and I don´t get DoJo Bricklayer vibes on his lay-ups/finishes anymore. Same with Ntilikina who hit 1-2 pull-up jumpers off the dribble, where you usually just bet whether it´s a front rim or an outright airball.

I just hope they continue this strategy, when the team is back at full strength.

Also like to point out that Carlisle´s record is three games behind the Pacers rookie head coach from last year. Everybody said the kid was a mess, but the Pacers went 34-38 and right now it looks like Carlisle won´t win 34 games against an 82 game schedule.
[-] The following 6 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, DanSchwartzgan, Fuerza1, Paul Gasol, Scott41theMavs, Tyler
Like Reply
(01-08-2022, 10:57 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I complained about this all the way back to the original DFS: Jae Crowder. Carlisle just wants to reduce players errors and keep their roles very simplistic. He never allowed players to challenge themselves and test their limits. Hardly a surprise we won the title with a team full of veterans that didn´t need to test out their limits. They already knew them.

What we have seen with the Mavs this season is growing pains. Kidd allows players to express themselves more and with that come errors, but also (in some cases and best cases) improvement and more confidence over time. DFS is one example. Green/Ntilikina are others.

Green is still a bit hesitant, but he looks so much more confident driving the ball and I don´t get DoJo Bricklayer vibes on his lay-ups/finishes anymore. Same with Ntilikina who hit 1-2 pull-up jumpers off the dribble, where you usually just bet whether it´s a front rim or an outright airball.

I just hope they continue this strategy, when the team is back at full strength.

Also like to point out that Carlisle´s record is three games behind the Pacers rookie head coach from last year. Everybody said the kid was a mess, but the Pacers went 34-38 and right now it looks like Carlisle won´t win 34 games against an 82 game schedule.

That is a good point.  I meant to add this to my point of Bullock making a few nice passes the past two games.   There has been a noticeable improvement with DFS on his drives to the rim and passing.   I don't think he will ever be very good at either but he may very well be league average for a wing.   He has made some nice plays recently.
Like Reply
[Image: 1363377452.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-08-2022, 10:57 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I complained about this all the way back to the original DFS: Jae Crowder. Carlisle just wants to reduce players errors and keep their roles very simplistic. He never allowed players to challenge themselves and test their limits. Hardly a surprise we won the title with a team full of veterans that didn´t need to test out their limits. They already knew them.

This is well said.  Kidd empowers growth.  Carlisle tried to optimize effectiveness by controlling weaknesses.

BTW, Josh has a nice pull-up game also.  Watch the third play in this highlight group.  He had a pull-up like this on his first basket last night also and has done it on other occasions in the past month.  Finley made a pretty good living on a two dribble pull-up very similar to this.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?ContextMeasure=FGM&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022100558&PlayerID=1630182&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612742&flag=3&sct=plot§ion=game
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Tyler
Like Reply