Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is Dirk holding...
...anal beads????

Because he's a badass?
Because he can put it in the hole?

Seriously, though, they've gotta tweak that statue before it goes up.  That's shitty.

[Image: dirk-statue.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • Jannemann2
Like Reply
Don't like the trajectory balls either.  It's a mock and we need a better look but at first blush, I can't say I'm in love with the face or hair either.  It would never happen but having bearded Dirk would have been cool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • markus1234
Like Reply
Agreed. He didn't one leg a three ball if that is meaning.

The base and pose is fine but someone sold Mark on a sorta Picaso shot with the ball.
Like Reply
I think it's pretty unique and gives the statue a feel like it's in motion. Still a rough mock. I wouldn't be against removing the anal beads but I also appreciate them too.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 11:31 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Agreed. He didn't one leg a three ball if that is meaning.

The base and pose is fine but someone sold Mark on a sorta Picaso shot with the ball.

I think the simpler answer is that it represents trajectory of the ball in flight.
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 11:33 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I wouldn't be against removing the anal beads but I also appreciate them too.

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • khaled1987, Paul Gasol, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 11:34 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Yeah I hope they just decide to drop it down to 1 when it’s ready for production
[-] The following 1 user Likes DrMav's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/thatjazzzfan/status/...5104017409
Like Reply
Never heard of anal beads. Always learn something new on this forum.
[-] The following 3 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot
Like Reply
Very weird...I wonder what yes men Cuban consulted on that. One of those concepts that might sound better in your head than on paper. You already have an iconic pose, no need to get crazy with it
[-] The following 3 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • fifteenth, markus1234, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot
Like Reply
(01-06-2022, 07:45 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Never heard of anal beads. Always learn something new on this forum.

[Image: themoreyouknow-more.gif]
[Image: mr7b3yqb.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
(01-06-2022, 07:45 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Never heard of anal beads. Always learn something new on this forum.

Am I the only one who wishes he still didn't know?
[-] The following 4 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • ClutchDirk, hakeemfaan, Kammrath, Tyler
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TonyCMKE/status/1478...30280?s=20
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, fifteenth, khaled1987, Tyler
Like Reply
(01-06-2022, 04:23 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Am I the only one who wishes he still didn't know?

I don't know and I'm not looking it up!!!!!  Big Grin
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 3 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • dmavs4life03, hakeemfaan, Kammrath
Like Reply
[Image: FIZC9lgXMAAL4lh?format=jpg&name=large]

change the skyline
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
[Image: dirk.png]
[-] The following 11 users Like cow's post:
  • Arioch, chaparral, ClutchDirk, DanSchwartzgan, Hypermav, khaled1987, KillerLeft, Paul Gasol, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot, Scott41theMavs, Tyler
Like Reply
Yeah, the three ball thing is just odd.   Even the part connecting the ball looks very amateurish.

I also think unveiling the mini dirk statue was weird.   Either have the full statue ready for the jersey retirement or wait to unveil at another time.   Don't show mini Dirk.   A lot of the conversation was about the weird statue, which could have been avoided in an otherwise perfect night.
[-] The following 5 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • fifteenth, hakeemfaan, ItsGoTime, khaled1987, KillerLeft
Like Reply
The statue is aweful, not just the anal beads (which I can never unsee now), but in general. At first when Cuban revealed it, I just thought it looked weird but after this comparison, I am officially disgusted by it. The details look really bad, I don't know who Cuban paid to deliver something like this. I hope this is a rough sketch and nothing more...
[-] The following 3 users Like meistermatze's post:
  • hakeemfaan, markus1234, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot
Like Reply
[Image: eee.jpg]

Heart
Dirk-only Fan
[-] The following 1 user Likes markus1234's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply