Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.0 pt RAPTOR favs & 5.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
71.43%
10 71.43%
Warriors
28.57%
4 28.57%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 38: GSW (29-8) @ DAL (20-18) | 99-82 win
After a great team win over no1 nba team I feel no frustrations over noone. Mavs are on good track. Ugly good W!
Like Reply
Mavs are fighting their butts off and really competing and playing hard.   Kidd deserves a lot of credit for that.

The offense is still a fatal flaw if they don't correct.   I can't see them being a serious threat unless they fix.  It is so ugly sometimes.   They need to be much better on offense.   Also, late game execution continues to be a problem.   If GS made a few shots late, it probably would have gotten worse.    To much standing and settling for really tough shots.   

All in all, fun night.
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 10:11 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Last 13 games!

8-5 or 61% during that time with all sorts of injuries.  Maybe this Jason Kidd guy can actually coach.  Different team completely than the team we saw the first 4-5 weeks.

To me, most impressive thing was taking the haymaker the Warriors dished up in the third and even lost the lead and still kept it together and played through the adversity.
[-] The following 3 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • hakeemfaan, Kammrath, Tyler
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 10:21 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Kidd deserves a lot of credit for that.

He really does. Super impressed.
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 10:23 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Different team completely than the team we saw the first 4-5 weeks.

Yep. For whatever reason after Luka went out for the extended stretch the Mavs dug deep and started playing WAY better. And now with Luka back and KP out they are keeping it up!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
That game was amazing, but the retirement ceremony was even better. 

#41Forever

edit:

WAIT I JUST REALIZED LUKA PUT UP 26-7-8. THAT ADDS UP TO 41!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 7 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Arioch, BasketballJones41, DallasMaverick, hakeemfaan, Hypermav, Jmaciscool, Tyler
Like Reply
@"Kammrath", what did you think of Luka’s game tonight? I have thoughts…
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 11:36 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @Kammrath, what did you think of Luka’s game tonight? I have thoughts…

You first....
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 11:37 PM)Kammrath Wrote: You first....

I thought he was pretty bad tonight, honestly. But, GS was almost as good defensively as Dallas was, so I’m trying not to overreact.

Just wondering how it looked on tv, relative to the games you haven’t been liking.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 11:28 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: That game was amazing, but the retirement ceremony was even better. 

#41Forever

edit:

WAIT I JUST REALIZED LUKA PUT UP 26-7-8. THAT ADDS UP TO 41!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dana just mentioned it on the broadcast.  She is reading the thread. Smile
Like Reply
Curry's badness overshadowed Luka's badness.  Thank God King kicked our team into gear in the 3rd and won us the game.
Like Reply
And OMG did Dallas play a gem of a defensive game (except for about half of the 3rd and parts of the 4th.

(01-05-2022, 11:41 PM)cow Wrote: Curry's badness overshadowed Luka's badness.  Thank God King kicked our team into gear in the 4th and won us the game.

He was outstanding, and in so many ways!
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 11:39 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I thought he was pretty bad tonight, honestly.

I thought the same...but am feeling timid today because I need a break from catching "flack" from the "Luka only fans." 

I thought he was the weak link defensively for the most part...BUT the team D was still great most times despite that so there is that.

I thought his free throws were great. 

I thought his shot selection was pretty bad at times.

I thought he was really sloppy with the ball. His assist to turnover ratio this year is one of my biggest concerns. However, I did think a number of times in the first half he moved the ball and wasn't a ball stopper so that was nice. 

I thought his third quarter in particular was quite poor.
Like Reply
One night in the future... Dorian Fifty-Smith
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 11:45 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I thought the same...but am feeling timid today because I need a break from catching "flack" from the "Luka only fans." 

I thought he was the weak link defensively for the most part...BUT the team D was still great most times despite that so there is that.

I thought his free throws were great. 

I thought his shot selection was pretty bad at times.

I thought he was really sloppy with the ball. His assist to turnover ratio this year is one of my biggest concerns. However, I did think a number of times in the first half he moved the ball and wasn't a ball stopper so that was nice. 

I thought his third quarter in particular was quite poor.

If it helps, I can tell you this: it’s much more clear in person just how focused on him the defense is. Like, I think you’d be shocked, even going into the experience expecting to see that, as I did. 

So, that’s something significant, imo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 11:41 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: He was outstanding, and in so many ways!

Luka said it best after the game, "that's him every night".  I think people really undervalue what he does on the court game in and game out.  I need to stay away from our discord during game nights, the hot takes about a guy giving it all 30+ minutes and giving his all on a rock bottom contract make me feel like I'm watching a different game.  Of all the players to nitpick on the team...I just don't get it.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • KillerLeft, luka_skywalker_77
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 11:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: If it helps, I can tell you this: it’s much more clear in person just how focused on him the defense is. Like, I think you’d be shocked, even going into the experience expecting to see that, as I did. 

So, that’s something significant, imo.

I am sure that it pops in person. I definitely noticed it tonight and many times this season. I just think there are ways he can significantly improve how he helps the TEAM attack a defense that is keying so heavily on him. I don't think he does the DAL offense many favors at times in those scenarios.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 11:52 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I am sure that it pops in person. I definitely noticed it tonight and many times this season. I just think there are ways he can significantly improve how he helps the TEAM attack a defense that is keying so heavily on him. I don't think he does the DAL offense many favors at times in those scenarios.

The thing is, he's capable.  Right after he pulled his hammy, he got into two passing lanes for a deflect and a steal.  Later in the game he was guilty of some poor help defense and then GSW did to him, what he likes to do to opposing teams, using switches off of screens to get there offensive player isolated against him.

I wish he'd play mean more often like after he got swung into after the dunk.  I guess Luka needs to get dunked on early and games and THJ needs to get punched in the nuts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 11:56 PM)cow Wrote: The thing is, he's capable.  Right after he pulled his hammy, he got into two passing lanes for a deflect and a steal.  Later in the game he was guilty of some poor help defense and then GSW did to him, what he likes to do to opposing teams, using switches off of screens to get there offensive player isolated against him.

I wish he'd play mean more often like after he got swung into after the dunk.  I guess Luka needs to get dunked on early and games and THJ needs to get punched in the nuts.

I just think it's hard for Luka to get supremely motivated for regular season games. He becomes a totally different animal in the playoffs because that is the environment where he thrives and gets his competitive fire burning at its hottest. It takes moments like getting dunked on to even get a glimpse of that.

Sucks he can't bring it like that every night in the regular season but at the same time I can see why he sees the regular season as more of a pre-game to the playoffs.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
They made their case tonight that they can be a pretty good team.

The problem remains to find the right "small-ball" configuration. It seems obvious by now that KP-Luka-Powell-THJ is just not working on either side, because it is too slow on defense and does not have enough play-making on offense.

Can only have two of them at a time, maybe two+THJ for short stretches. Then cut out 10% of the real stupid iso heroball offense by Luka/THJ and we might be onto something.
Like Reply