Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.0 pt RAPTOR favs & 5.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
71.43%
10 71.43%
Warriors
28.57%
4 28.57%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 38: GSW (29-8) @ DAL (20-18) | 99-82 win
Damnit
Like Reply
We will have to ask @"KillerLeft" about DFS after the game. As good as expected? Even better? Worse?
Like Reply
Let’s F’ing Go!!!
Like Reply
Sterling Brown is a good luck charm in this game....+25 in 13 mins!
Like Reply
It can be both true at the same time that our defense has played well and the Warriors offense has played poorly. Curry is ice cold
[-] The following 2 users Like MrGoat's post:
  • Kammrath, Mavs2021
Like Reply
Mavs still have no idea how to solve double teams and traps.

Luka down. Cannot catch a break.
Like Reply
Luka hurt.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...3937801228
Like Reply
Imagine how good DFS would be if he were a "starting level player".
Like Reply
Is there anywhere that is streaming the jersey retirement?
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
Wow 3 teams in a row held below 90 points
When was the last time that happened? 20 years ago?

I guess that Luka/Brunson backcourt works defensively

and hopefully nothing too serious with that Luka ankle
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • Tyler
Like Reply
Mavs small ball defense without a traditional big like KP, Moses or Boban is great. Can create more on ball pressure. Quicker rotations allowing for more switches, traps and doubles. Better close outs allowing them to collapse on drives. And all players are really active in the passing lanes.
Mavs defense against the Curry pick and roll/hand off action was great. Really refreshing to see a more agressive scheme after years of drop coverage.
[-] The following 6 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Branduil, Kammrath, KillerLeft, mvossman, Scott41theMavs, sterlingmallory
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 10:04 PM)Jym Wrote: I guess that Luka/Brunson backcourt works defensively

There was no KP. I am not concerned if two of those three are on the floor. All three of them, this is where I have problems. Same as Luka-KP-THJ defense doesn't work. 

Great Mavs game. Interesting enough offense still bad, but defense is really great these last two games. GSW also played great defense, though
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 10:06 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Mavs small ball defense without a traditional big like KP, Moses or Boban is great. Can create more on ball pressure. Quicker rotations allowing for more switches, traps and doubles. Better close outs allowing them to collapse on drives. And all players are really active in the passing lanes.
Mavs defense against the Curry pick and roll/hand off action was great. Really refreshing to see a more agressive scheme after years of drop coverage.

Effort, effort, effort!  Help defense was sloppy at times (a few of those on Luka).  Curry also had some really sloppy plays that weren't defense related.
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 10:07 PM)omahen Wrote: defense is really great these last two games

Last 13 games!
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 10:03 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Is there anywhere that is streaming the jersey retirement?
https://www.nba.com/watch/event/00221900...Retirement
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 10:07 PM)omahen Wrote: There was no KP. I am not concerned if two of those three are on the floor. All three of them, this is where I have problems. Same as Luka-KP-THJ defense doesn't work. 

Great Mavs game. Interesting enough offense still bad, but defense is really great these last two games. GSW also played great defense, though

I think Luka/Brunson is a bigger problem on offense. Both have no catch and shoot game. Instead of taking the shot they are slowing things down and reset the play.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Kammrath, mvossman, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 10:12 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I think Luka/Brunson is a bigger problem on offense. Both have no catch and shoot game. Instead of taking the shot they are slowing things down and reset the play.

SOOO much this. They both CAN catch and shoot, but they do it so infrequently and totally let the D get reset. Super frustrating.
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 10:14 PM)Kammrath Wrote: SOOO much this. They both CAN catch and shoot, but they do it so infrequently and totally let the D get reset. Super frustrating.

Jalen passed on taking a few open threes in the first half.  He started pulling the trigger in the second.
Like Reply
From Discord

https://www.nba.com/watch/event/00221900...Retirement
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply