Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAVS 103, NUGGETS 89
(01-05-2022, 09:42 AM)fifteenth Wrote: And btw, pulling back the curtain so no one is confused, the mavsluvr/followill thing came about because we (posters) made it a joke. It wasn't ever initiated or claimed by mavsluvr.

It's true that @"mavsluvr" never claimed to be (or confirmed that he is) Followill, but I think what you mean to say is the "we (posters) figured it out." Because he 100% is Followill.
[-] The following 8 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • ballsrchr, BasketballJones41, dirkfansince1998, fifteenth, hakeemfaan, ItsGoTime, Jmaciscool, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Alrighty then, let me step in and do a little modding. I don't do much so every once in a while I have to earn my pay check...

(01-05-2022, 09:05 AM)Kammrath Wrote: More ad-hominem blame-shifting. Please stop. I don't need your "who me?" pretend innocence. 

Anyone can go back at look at the long history of you twisting my arguments (misrepresenting my positions and me repeatedly identifying that fact) and turning them into straw-men for you to ridicule and make fun of. No one else interacts that way on this board. You have done it with me on Nov 14, Nov 11, Nov 8, Nov 3, Aug 25, as just a few examples that my search brought up. You also did it with @"cow" on Dec 4 as an example of it happening with someone else.

I asked you for the SECOND time back on Nov 11, 2021 (literally months ago) to ignore me and leave me alone. 
I asked you on Jan 4, 2022 to ignore me for the THIRD time. 
Now on Jan 5, 2022 I am asking you for the FOURTH time to ignore me and leave me alone. 

I find your interactions with me to be narcissistic, condescending, filled with gaslighting, and lacking in respect, again almost all centered around not engaging with my actual arguments and positions but twisting them into something they are not. I am not saying this is done with everyone (and with most posters you are great and respectful in your interactions and add a lot to this board). But the way I am interacted with, especially going back to November (though a couple times before that as well) are not something I am willing to put up with and it is not acceptable. 

My plea has been this: Interact with me with respect or do not interact with me. Sadly I do not think the first can happen, so I am asking you to leave me alone. A simple request, please honor it.

(01-05-2022, 11:13 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: OMG. Now he is actually searching old posts and making personal insults. Does this never end? 

I am glad this is an anonymous forum, because I might otherwise be a little concerned about stalking or something. Whatever I said to disturb him, I am certain I never talked to him like he just did to me. I will try extra hard to continue being polite to him, but I also hope he can pull back and try to get a little perspective on this situation. It's just an internet message board, dude.

@"Kammrath" and @"mavsluvr", check out the posts of your fellow forum folk toward the end of this thread. The people have spoken. They all love both of you so much that it is ok that you don't love each other.

Please, let these two posts quoted here be the end. Both be the bigger man and resist the need to get the last word. 

Or, if you need to continue, you can sort it out via pm and become best friends. 

Again, the people have spoken. Each of you, for the forum, please, for Dirk, reply to everyone else, and don't reply to each other!
[-] The following 5 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • BasketballJones41, DanSchwartzgan, ItsGoTime, Jmaciscool, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 11:20 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Each of you reply to everyone else, and don't reply to each other!

That's what I have been trying since November and what I will continue to try to do. This is all I have ever wanted for the last couple months.
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 11:24 AM)Kammrath Wrote: That's what I have been trying since November and what I will continue to try to do. This is all I have ever wanted for the last couple months.

[Image: starwarsday.gif]

Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 11:14 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: It's true that @"mavsluvr" never claimed to be (or confirmed that he is) Followill, but I think what you mean to say is the "we (posters) figured it out." Because he 100% is Followill.

I finally figured it out. mavsluvr is Corby.
[-] The following 2 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 11:30 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: I finally figured it out. mavsluvr is Corby.

Corby is super cool, and I'd love to find out for sure that he lurks or even posts here, but (and I mean this with all due respect to him) I don't think he's on ML's level with writing/intellectual prowess.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, hakeemfaan, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Does Corby do anything other than radio stuff? I am personally not familiar with him at all.
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 11:30 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: I finally figured it out. mavsluvr is Corby.

(01-05-2022, 11:32 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Corby is super cool, and I'd love the find out for sure that he lurks or even posts here, but (and I mean this with all due respect to him) I don't think he's on ML's level with writing/intellectual prowess.

Plus, we'd have to hear mavsluvr cackle to konw if he was Corby.

(01-05-2022, 11:41 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Does Corby do anything other than radio stuff? I am personally not familiar with him at all.

golf and hang out in his side yard
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • hakeemfaan, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 11:41 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Does Corby do anything other than radio stuff? I am personally not familiar with him at all.

He is totally underrated as a hoops guy because of his schticks and self deprecating style.  Whenever he discusses hoops he is just too good IMO. 

The reason I feel he lurks here is that many times some threads we have discussed here come up when he talks about hoops. The talking points also seemed identical to the discussions here.  It has happened quite a few times to be a coincidence.  I know Sturm was on the previous board. It would surprise me if Corby was actually not on this board.
[-] The following 2 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • fifteenth, Kammrath
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 12:16 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: The reason I feel he lurks here is that many times some threads we have discussed here come up when he talks about hoops. The talking points also seemed identical to the discussions here.  It has happened quite a few times to be a coincidence.  I know Sturm was on the previous board. It would surprise me if Corby was actually not on this board.

They might lurk here, but then again, they might just be getting our stuff from Mavs Twitter, because TONS of those guys and gals lurk here.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, hakeemfaan
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 12:41 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: They might lurk here, but then again, they might just be getting our stuff from Mavs Twitter, because TONS of those guys and gals lurk here.

I think we've concluded before that everyone lurks or posts here.

Except...problaby not Coop. If he was here he wouldn't be able to resist arguing with us!
[-] The following 3 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • ClutchDirk, hakeemfaan, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Didn´t one of the media guys (cannot remember who...I think it was a podcast) mention @"Scott41theMavs" ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-04-2022, 09:52 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: We had similar situations in the past with @"Mak" and @"jesusshuttlesworth82"  that escalated. Just a couple of posts ago @"TXBamanut" used the word stupid to describe posters that disagree with his take on KP and I know that I am included on that list. I am getting into it with him all the time. But for me that´s a part of the messenger board culture as long as it isn´t escalating even further.

Some of us have strong opinions. I would include both of us on that list. We make some statements that are not exactly mainstream opinions among Mavs fans. Other posters might find them provocative. Especially if we aren´t formulating them with "astonishing clarity and rare style". Resulting in a snarky response or some trolling.
I don´t want you to feel targeted but I really don´t think that´s @Mavsluvr intention.
Damn, Jesusshuttlesworth was a testament to the patience of our mods. I can’t believe that guy lasted as long as he did around here.
[-] The following 4 users Like BasketballJones41's post:
  • ClutchDirk, fifteenth, ItsGoTime, Kammrath
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 01:43 PM)BasketballJones41 Wrote: Damn, Jesusshuttlesworth was a testament to the patience of our mods. I can’t believe that guy lasted as long as he did around here.

That´s what I mean. It wasn´t always like this. He was already around when I first joined the community in 2014 or 2015 (cannot remember). Was always on the more negative  side but in my opinion he made some really good points and I cannot remember him ever getting into it with another poster prior to the conflict we all witnessed a few month ago. It ended badly and I don´t want to make an excuse for the insults and personal attacks that lead to his ban. Question is if this could have been avoided. Just really difficult to manage a situation where posters clash with mods. One is always operating from a position of authority.

This board is a special place because it is run by the community. That has many advantages but it also leads to some problems. Including the management of situations like this. Bigger boards have clear policies for things like timeouts, strikes or bans. They have more active members (also more mods) so it is easier to find people that aren´t a part of the conflict to make decisions like this.
All I can say is that from my personal experience I have rarely seen a conflict on this board where I would say that person a/b/c is solely responsible. More often than not it takes two to escalate a situation. As mentioned it is even more complicate when a mod is involved.

It´s difficult and I cannot offer a better solution right now. Thankfully conflicts like this are a rarity. For the most part this board is an awesome place to talk Mavs.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BasketballJones41, Jmaciscool, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 01:18 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Didn´t one of the media guys (cannot remember who...I think it was a podcast) mention @"Scott41theMavs" ?

They mentioned Scott on Locked on Mavs one day! That means they lurk or post here, or Scott is out there posting in other places too.
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 02:21 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Bigger boards have clear policies for things like timeouts, strikes or bans. They have more active members (also more mods) so it is easier to find people that aren´t a part of the conflict to make decisions like this.

I think your overall point is right on the money. 

As for the quoted portion, I can promise you that many torturous conversations were had behind the scenes about JS, who I agree was a great, great contributor, right up until the point when he wasn't. We basically do have policies for things like that now, forged throughout that JS process. We haven't been more forthcoming with them publicly because (and I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth here, but I think we all agree) we feel like modding sort of leads to more modding. We're trying to hold onto the community led Utopia vibe as long as possible. 

And, just like he said, Kamm didn't ban him and didn't vote. He did participate in the many conversations, and it's probably true that the situation was taken seriously sooner because it involved someone on the admin side. But, I think if we're honest with ourselves we'll all admit that Kamm probably does the most out of anyone to make this place fun and informative. I'm ok with the idea that people should treat him accordingly.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BasketballJones41, ClutchDirk, fifteenth, Kammrath
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 02:21 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: All I can say is that from my personal experience I have rarely seen a conflict on this board where I would say that person a/b/c is solely responsible. More often than not it takes two to escalate a situation. As mentioned it is even more complicate when a mod is involved.

Along with what Killer said, I'll add that JS was not just attacking mods. 

At the end it got to where he was attacking and insulting lots of folks. Also, we didn't ban him immediately. I talked to him personally. I tried to talk to him via PM but he refused. Then I talked to him down in The Cave. Then we gave him several timeouts. We finally banned him when it was obvious that he was going to continue to attack people. And then we had to ban multiple alliases as he continued to attack people. 

I hope the guy is doing better in real life. Because he lost it here, and just became flat out mean to a bunch of people. 

Ultimately, all of us "mods" are just posters who decided we wanted to keep hanging out with each other after Fish ditched the board. But, for a bunch of amatuers, I think we've done all right.
[-] The following 5 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • BasketballJones41, ClutchDirk, Jmaciscool, Kammrath, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Also, in case anyone is interested, here are the rules...

https://www.mavsboard.com/announcements.php?aid=3
Like Reply
For the record, if anyone wants to make fun of any of my takes, feel free!

The only things I find ban-worthy are: 

1) Constantly asking why Boban doesn't play more.
2) Taking the Great Coach Rick Carlisle's name in vain. 
3) Stating that letting Nash go was the right choice.
4) Calling the Great Dorian Finney-Smith a "bench player" or "the weak link."

I have tried to ban people for all of the above, but in each case, the good folks who mod and admin here have stopped me. Our system works!

EDIT: Hopefully, everyone reading recognizes that this was an attempt to add levity to the situation. Humor. I mean, all four of those things are terrible, horrible, evil things, but I would never try to ban anyone for them.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BasketballJones41, ClutchDirk, fifteenth, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
All of the above on JS is spot on truth...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
[-] The following 2 users Like ClutchDirk's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply