Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAVS 103, NUGGETS 89
Oh, and I forgot to mention I still feel that his learning curve in this new defense is steep. You and I have discussed this before, so I know you agree. I feel like Carlisle played it safe on that end because he didn’t think these guys could do the types of things they are doing this year.

For the record, I LOVE what Jason Kidd is doing on the defensive end, and I think it is right about time Luka was forced out of his comfort zone there. We are already seeing that decision pay dividends.

I just wish we could have had this defense with the offense they have been building for the last several seasons.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, Kammrath
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 12:32 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Thanks for the thorough response. 

I thought he looked REALLY good last game except in the two glaring areas that concern me the most:

1) Shooting continues to suck. Career low 53% TS%, is really concerning. 

2) He continues to not be able to get to the rim like in year's past and looks a step or two slower. 

Yes it is only one game, but no KP and better spacing didn't help those two concerning areas. You could be right about their cause, but I feel quite strongly those two areas of concern are largely on Luka's own shoulders and he needs to address them himself.

I think the shooting concern is valid. He’s a lot like LeBron in that area. It’s going to get better over time, but we are just going to have to live with some bad misses along the way. He needs to spend a ton of time working on that, starting with FT’s. 

But that is no different than the last two seasons, and in those seasons his impact was off the charts positive, no?

As for the penetration, he might be a step slower. I won’t quibble with that. But I never ever thought his successful penetration was due to speed in the past. I think he is a master at negotiating screens and using them against the defense. I think he was paired with a genius coach who put him in a variety of positions designed to do exactly that. I thought his penetration last night, while not to the level of the bubble season where he was scoring in the paint nonstop, was significantly improved over the first 30 games of this season in that he was affecting defensive movement to create scoring opportunities for others.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-04-2022, 10:50 PM)Kammrath Wrote: It is a repeated pattern of creating straw-men of my arguments. 

I do not have the power to ban or rather I would never USE the power to ban. That is 100% a collective decision of the moderators and if it personally involves me I wouldn't even vote. I would more quickly leave than ban someone honestly.

I can vouch for Kamm stepping aside when he is involved in a situation and letting the rest of the Mods discuss and render a decision...

No decisions affecting a posters status is done without input from all Mods except for obvious foreign spammers who get axed immediately...bans are last resort and we hate doing bans 100%
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
[-] The following 2 users Like ClutchDirk's post:
  • BasketballJones41, fifteenth
Like Reply
I think I must respond to K's accusations, distasteful as it is to do so. 

I was very surprised to read that he thinks I have been "trolling him," "turning everything he says into a false straw-man argument" for "literally months," "targeting him," being "annoyed with him," and "repeatedly creating straw-men of his arguments." 

What an extraordinary collection of statements. 

I am never intentionally disrespectful to anyone here. I do engage in a little friendly banter now and then, as people do with me, but it is always intended to be fun and humorous, and never wounding or "exhausting," and certainly is not intended to affect anyone's quality of life. 

I went back and looked at the post that enraged K to see if maybe I had inadvertently said something that could be interpreted as offensive. He had made some comments regarding Luka that I thought were on the extreme side, but rather than respond with a "heavy" discussion of how there might be another point of view on that, I chose to make the same point with a lighthearted, joke-y reply. If he somehow got his feelings hurt over it, that was never my intent, but I find it astonishing that anyone could have taken it seriously, thought it was "targeting," considered it a violation of the rules, or thought it warranted having a moderator ask me to leave the board. Nevertheless, if I had it to do over again, I just wouldn't bother to respond. 

I find it sad, and tbh, a little creepy, that K thinks that I am acting out some kind of obsession with him. I respond to comments here on a post-by-post basis, don't look for any particular person's posts to "target," and don't always even notice who wrote the comment I am responding to. In Kamm's case, I really couldn't tell you what responses I have made to him beyond the last couple of days, or even what specifically he has argued, other than that he makes a lot of +/- comments and remarks about Luka. I don't doubt that I have disagreed with some of his points from time to time, but I thought we were here to have such discussions. 

Anyway, it is very unpleasant and strange to realize that someone is having his life affected over an imagined idea that I have some sort of malevolent intentions toward him, and that I have been seeking him out to make him miserable for months.  Man, I just come here to talk about the Mavericks. I hope we are not going to have too many disturbing excursions to the Twilight Zone here, as it detracts from the board as an otherwise enjoyable experience. 

Hopefully, this will be the last we have to hear/say on this subject.
[-] The following 7 users Like mavsluvr's post:
  • aguiar95, burekemde, Dahlsim, F Gump, Jym, omahen, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-04-2022, 11:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is true, for those interested. No BS.

Right on. Can confirm. 

BTW, fellow moderators, could we have a meeting about these DFS haters (underraters)? 

the last part was a joke
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 06:13 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: it is very unpleasant and strange to realize that someone is having his life affected over an imagined idea that I have some sort of malevolent intentions toward him, and that I have been seeking him out to make him miserable for months.

More ad-hominem blame-shifting. Please stop. I don't need your "who me?" pretend innocence. 

Anyone can go back at look at the long history of you twisting my arguments (misrepresenting my positions and me repeatedly identifying that fact) and turning them into straw-men for you to ridicule and make fun of. No one else interacts that way on this board. You have done it with me on Nov 14, Nov 11, Nov 8, Nov 3, Aug 25, as just a few examples that my search brought up. You also did it with @"cow" on Dec 4 as an example of it happening with someone else.

I asked you for the SECOND time back on Nov 11, 2021 (literally months ago) to ignore me and leave me alone. 
I asked you on Jan 4, 2022 to ignore me for the THIRD time. 
Now on Jan 5, 2022 I am asking you for the FOURTH time to ignore me and leave me alone. 

I find your interactions with me to be narcissistic, condescending, filled with gaslighting, and lacking in respect, again almost all centered around not engaging with my actual arguments and positions but twisting them into something they are not. I am not saying this is done with everyone (and with most posters you are great and respectful in your interactions and add a lot to this board). But the way I am interacted with, especially going back to November (though a couple times before that as well) are not something I am willing to put up with and it is not acceptable. 

My plea has been this: Interact with me with respect or do not interact with me. Sadly I do not think the first can happen, so I am asking you to leave me alone. A simple request, please honor it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 08:54 AM)fifteenth Wrote: BTW, fellow moderators, could we have a meeting about these DFS haters (underraters)? 

the last part was a joke
Yes we can! And while we’re at it, let’s talk about the overrater (sunshine pumpers?) too!
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 09:11 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Yes we can! And while we’re at it, let’s talk about the overrater (sunshine pumpers?) too!

[Image: i-dont-i-dont-think.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
The only thing I want to know is if Mavsluvr is indeed Followill or not?   Plus what is Corby’s handle on this board. I know he lurks here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hakeemfaan's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 09:12 AM)fifteenth Wrote: [Image: i-dont-i-dont-think.gif]
https://giphy.com/gifs/snl-saturday-nigh...u7R4SfIXuA
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 09:19 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: https://giphy.com/gifs/snl-saturday-nigh...u7R4SfIXuA

How can one overrate that which has no equal? 

[Image: 26450716cf2f476e3e001aacffb14b3cb8fceb85.gifv]
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 09:18 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: The only thing I want to know is if Mavsluvr is indeed Followill or not?

Not a chance. Two totally different personalities.
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 09:18 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: The only thing I want to know is if Mavsluvr is indeed Followill or not?   Plus what is Corby’s handle on this board. I know he lurks here.

(01-05-2022, 09:37 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Not a chance. Two totally different personalities.

And btw, pulling back the curtain so no one is confused, the mavsluvr/followill thing came about because we (posters) made it a joke. It wasn't ever initiated or claimed by mavsluvr.
[-] The following 3 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • BasketballJones41, hakeemfaan, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 09:42 AM)fifteenth Wrote: And btw, pulling back the curtain so no one is confused, the mavsluvr/followill thing came about because we (posters) made it a joke. It wasn't ever initiated or claimed by mavsluvr.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 09:12 AM)fifteenth Wrote: [Image: i-dont-i-dont-think.gif]

https://media.giphy.com/media/scN0Dnr5ll.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 09:34 AM)fifteenth Wrote: How can one overrate that which has no equal? 

[Image: 26450716cf2f476e3e001aacffb14b3cb8fceb85.gifv]
By equaling that which has many an equal…off the bench.

https://giphy.com/gifs/Friends-season-6-...Bu145PPhOi
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 09:05 AM)Kammrath Wrote: More ad-hominem blame-shifting. Please stop. I don't need your "who me?" pretend innocence. 

Anyone can go back at look at the long history of you twisting my arguments (misrepresenting my positions and me repeatedly identifying that fact) and turning them into straw-men for you to ridicule and make fun of. No one else interacts that way on this board. You have done it with me on Nov 14, Nov 11, Nov 8, Nov 3, Aug 25, as just a few examples that my search brought up. You also did it with @"cow" on Dec 4 as an example of it happening with someone else.

I asked you for the SECOND time back on Nov 11, 2021 (literally months ago) to ignore me and leave me alone. 
Now on Jan 5, 2022 I am asking you for the FOURTH time to ignore me and leave me alone. 

I find your interactions with me to be narcissistic, condescending, filled with gaslighting, and lacking in respect, again almost all centered around not engaging with my actual arguments and positions but twisting them into something they are not. I am not saying this is done with everyone (and with most posters you are great and respectful in your interactions and add a lot to this board). But the way I am interacted with, especially going back to November (though a couple times before that as well) are not something I am willing to put up with and it is not acceptable. 

My plea has been this: Interact with me with respect or do not interact with me. Sadly I do not think the first can happen, so I am asking you to leave me alone. A simple request, please honor it.

[Image: 4aatsc.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes WildArkieBoy's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 09:42 AM)fifteenth Wrote: And btw, pulling back the curtain so no one is confused, the mavsluvr/followill thing came about because we (posters) made it a joke. It wasn't ever initiated or claimed by mavsluvr.

Mavsluvr is not Followill?  Ah man!  I am destitute! What to do?...what to do?  Oh woe is me!  

Well shucks.  I guess I'll just have to post and discuss just like I always have--with a certain degree naivety and enthusiasm...and ignorance.  But I do love this game of basketball.  I was just too damn short to be a superstar.  And to make it worse...my stepson is 7' tall--and can't play a whit of basketball.  He can play online games though...actually makes a living from games...

On the subject of Kammrath and Mavsluvr:  Guys...sniping was the worst part of some of the old forums.  This is a great forum.  Lets keep it that way.  Both of you (if you read this post at all) are great guys on this forum.  There comes a time when you just gotta let something go and move on.  You're there now!  Lets see some more of those great posts each you make.  I really like to read stuff from both of you.  

Be happy.
[-] The following 6 users Like ballsrchr's post:
  • ClutchDirk, fifteenth, hakeemfaan, ItsGoTime, Kammrath, LifeAquatic
Like Reply
Whether mavsluvr is Followill or not, I am convinced he is a media personality and does this for a living. If not, he should.
[-] The following 6 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • ballsrchr, burekemde, fifteenth, ItsGoTime, Jmaciscool, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-05-2022, 09:05 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Anyone can go back at look at the long history of you twisting my arguments (misrepresenting my positions and me repeatedly identifying that fact) and turning them into straw-men for you to ridicule and make fun of. No one else interacts that way on this board. You have done it with me on Nov 14, Nov 11, Nov 8, Nov 3, Aug 25, as just a few examples that my search brought up. You also did it with @cow on Dec 4 as an example of it happening with someone else.

I find your interactions with me to be narcissistic, condescending, filled with gaslighting, and lacking in respect, again almost all centered around not engaging with my actual arguments and positions but twisting them into something they are not.
OMG. Now he is actually searching old posts and making personal insults. Does this never end? 

I am glad this is an anonymous forum, because I might otherwise be a little concerned about stalking or something. Whatever I said to disturb him, I am certain I never talked to him like he just did to me. I will try extra hard to continue being polite to him, but I also hope he can pull back and try to get a little perspective on this situation. It's just an internet message board, dude.
[-] The following 3 users Like mavsluvr's post:
  • burekemde, Dahlsim, omahen
Like Reply