Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
83.33%
5 83.33%
Nuggets
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 37: DEN (18-17) vs DAL (19-18) | 103-89
Not liking Luka's start to the half:

3 first possessions, 3 shots.

On a defensive possession he was lazy following a cutter, so Maxi had to help and it left Gordon wide open for a corner three. UGH.
Like Reply
Luka/Powell pnr with an unclogged paint is so magical.

That Maxi corner three was the result of unclogged paint.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Luka has it cooking tonight. 

I don’t mean to sound like a broken record, but I cannot help but wonder whether or not it is because he is being allowed to play pick and roll basketball with room to maneuver. You know, the style that made him a no-brainer for first team all NBA?
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, omahen
Like Reply
Luka Passing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Luka Shooting
Like Reply
(01-03-2022, 10:08 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Luka Passing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Luka Shooting

I like and trust every decision he makes either way, when it comes out of the pick and roll with space.

Luka comes out and immediately the entire game changes for the worse. It would be great if they had a different way of playing while he sat, but they should let him do what he’s doing TONIGHT when he’s on the floor.
Like Reply
(01-03-2022, 10:10 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I like and trust every decision he makes either way, when it comes out of the pick and roll with space.

If that doesn't include three pointers then I generally agree. His three point shot selection I DESPISE (for the most part).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-03-2022, 10:11 PM)Kammrath Wrote: If that doesn't include three pointers then I generally agree. He three point shot selection I DESPISE (for the most part).

Yeah, I know the exact type of shot you are talking about, and I’m not really a fan of them either. I really feel like the majority of those (with the exception of some “heat checks”) come when they are unable to get some type of congested interior action to work and there is no place for him to go. He jacks those up when he cannot penetrate instead of simply reversing the ball over to the other side of the court and letting someone else try something. I’m not saying that is the right thing for him to do, but I share his frustration, because look how easily he can create offense when the paint is clear!
Like Reply
I love that Bullock pressed the issue there at the end of the quarter, rather than playing like he was scared of Jokic.
Like Reply
Great job by RB to end the quarter.
Like Reply
(01-03-2022, 10:20 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: scared

I feel like he has been too tentative since coming to DAL....maybe being too shy in trying to find his place and fit. I think he is better when confident and assertive (like most guys).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
At least we just learned why Dwight cannot be traded. He is the survival guru.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Kammrath, ReunionMav
Like Reply
(01-03-2022, 10:22 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: At least we just learned why Dwight cannot be traded. He is the survival guru.

I don’t get it. What did I miss?

Tim Show!
Like Reply
(01-03-2022, 10:26 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don’t get it. What did I miss?

During the commercial break they played a bit with all the Mavs players asking who would survive best on an island or something....almost everyone chose DP.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Great defense by Hardaway there, but I could’ve done without the one on four fast break.

Not sure Luka iso against Gordon is the best approach, either. 

What happened to the PNR?
Like Reply
Best flop of the season by Powell there. Well done!
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Feel like the Mavs are doing a decent job pushing the ball tonight in spurts.
Like Reply
Nuggets are throwing the ball away. Mavs just need to take advantage but there probably isn´t a worse team when it comes to transition offense.
Like Reply
SPREAD PNR!!!
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Love that Luka went back to RB TWICE on the same play, trusting him to shoot instead of forcing a shot.
Like Reply
THIS is the Luka we need!
Like Reply