Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
83.33%
5 83.33%
Nuggets
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 37: DEN (18-17) vs DAL (19-18) | 103-89
(01-03-2022, 11:00 PM)mvossman Wrote: They are not better without KP.  They are better when they don't do stupid stuff to cater to KP.  If they really want to "protect" KP then they should:

Spend 15 minutes a game with KP and a rim running center.  For these minutes KP needs to be a spacer (like the offense 2 years ago).

Spend another 10 to 15 minutes where Luka is off the court and the offense is centered around Brunson and KP doing whatever he wants (like the previous 10 games).

Spend the closing 5-8 minutes with KP as lone center playing P&R and P&P with Luka.

Wow, this is as spot on as we've come on how to play with KP! Nice!

First, can you mail, or twitter, or facebook, or venmo, or whatever that text app is that Cuban likes because it makes all your messages disappear after a while (huh, wonder why Cuban is so concerend about leaving evidence...), to Kidd (copy Nico since he's the boss) so that they can implement this plan immediately? 

Second, I wonder if even this would hurt KP's sensitive disposition?
Like Reply
(01-03-2022, 11:00 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The fact that Kidd hasn’t simply picked his favorites and committed to them is very Carlisle, and exactly the type of thing that people used to bitch and moan about around here constantly. I think he is simply experimenting and tinkering.

Kind of feels like Josh Green and Ntilikina are fighting for the same spot right now, doesn’t it?
Like Reply
(01-03-2022, 11:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Why, in your opinion, has this approach not been adopted to this point? Is it because the coaching staff doesn’t see it this way, because Porzingis won’t do it…why? 

My guesses...

1) The team thinks KP is an injury risk in the pnr so they're waiting to use the Luka/KP pnr in important situations.
2) The team has avoided "KP the spacer" to start the season because it was part of what he hated and they're trying to rehab is attitude and game. 
3) KP may be happy now, but he hasn't lost his ability to get his feelings hurt. The Mavs want to keep him happy at least until they either trade him, or figure out how to make things work here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • ReunionMav
Like Reply
(01-03-2022, 11:35 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I am no RC apologist, but if RC cannot make them comfortable together then I don't think Kidd can. My war cry for the last year plus: TRADE KP.

I'm not sure about this. I actually am a RC apologist, but I don't think Rick has the skills to navigate the complex sensibilities of KP. I can't claim to KNOW that Kidd most definately does, but based on how Kidd has succeeded in making KP happy so far...maybe he does.

(01-03-2022, 11:46 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I do think it is. I really, really, really, really, really, really, no seriously really hope they trade him this TDL. They have done an EXCELLENT job rehabbing his image and play (the single most successful accomplishment in this ugly season) and they need to PULL. THE. TRIGGER.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • ReunionMav
Like Reply
Fifteenth you may be right. This will all be fun to watch play out and discussing it is fun to. I hope my judgment of this dynamic proves to be correct. Trade or no trade the two of them figuring out how to become more effective (or even dominant) together would be so good for us. 
I think KP is primarily very self critical. We have all seen him be that way. When he feels he plays well the self critical dynamic moderates. If MVossman can figure out a good way to play (which is really good) an emotionally confident KP, Luka and gang can as well.
Like Reply
I am very pleased with the minutes they are giving Josh Green so far. They are 7-3 when he gets 10+ minutes and 2 of those losses were due to last-second threes by Sacramento and LAL and the 3rd loss was the blowout at Denver early in the season where it was over by halftime.

Just having him out there changes the dynamic of the team even when he is not scoring because he is not just the same type of predictable guard that opponents are used to with THJ/Bullock/etc.
[-] The following 3 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • ClutchDirk, dmavs4life03, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply