Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 0.5 pt RAPTOR & 1.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
83.33%
10 83.33%
Knicks
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 41: DAL (22-19) @ NYK (21-21) | 85-108 loss
https://giphy.com/gifs/recovery-medicati...VLjRrmwdDA
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 01:19 AM)Jym Wrote: It does look like Luka has aged 15 years since the Olympics
Hell even in pre-season he was moving around pretty well putting up some crazy statlines in limited minutes

I wonder if there's not some other non-disclosed injury besides ankle stuff they're keeping under wraps
Why does it need to be any other type of injury? Is a sore ankle not enough for you to not play up to your standards (if you even play when it happens) when playing pickup games?
Like Reply
Reggie B, what a disaster he’s been.  A spot up shooter who can’t shoot.  THJ, the same.  Luka can’t shoot this year either, but at least he does other things (still playing below all star level).  It’s a miracle the Mavs are on a 44ish win pace given the severity of these negative surprises with key players.  

I still have hope that Luka and THJ can turn it around. But, I’ve seen enough of RB.  Time to move him out of the rotation and give all his minutes to JG.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
Mavs played smallball against a physical team with length. What a disaster. 

Powell + Moses + Chriss combined for 27 minutes underscores the frontcourt issues when KP is out

THJ's defense has never looked worse and Luka wasn't much better

Too much iso-Luka and too many eye-roll inducing pick & rolls. Significant step back in terms of ball movement. 

Brunson looked solid but not good enough

I question the rotations. Lots of time shared with Luka + Brunson + THJ on the court. Not a recipe for success this year.
[-] The following 6 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, ballsrchr, ClutchDirk, hakeemfaan, Kammrath, michaeltex
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 09:02 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Reggie B, what a disaster he’s been.  A spot up shooter who can’t shoot.  THJ, the same.  Luka can’t shoot this year either, but at least he does other things (still playing below all star level).  It’s a miracle the Mavs are on a 44ish win pace given the severity of these negative surprises with key players.  

I still have hope that Luka and THJ can turn it around. But, I’ve seen enough of RB.  Time to move him out of the rotation and give all his minutes to JG.

Accidentally liked this post, was actually going to say RB had been on quite a run since he got out of covid up until last night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 10:52 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: Lots of time shared with Luka + Brunson + THJ on the court.

Hated this.
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 12:10 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Accidentally liked this post, was actually going to say RB had been on quite a run since he got out of covid up until last night.

Returning the accidental like! Reasonable people can disagree.  At the least, he’s not a guy I would keep in the game if he’s missing shots.  I just like JG better.  Get him more minutes.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • hakeemfaan, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 12:18 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Hated this.

Agreed.  It is like the coaching staff saw what the cure to our ills was in recent games, and yet somehow tried to force feed playing the higher salary players.
[-] The following 3 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, fifteenth, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 12:35 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Returning the accidental like! Reasonable people can disagree.  At the least, he’s not a guy I would keep in the game if he’s missing shots.  I just like JG better.  Get him more minutes.

Oh ya, trust me, I'm not like super all in on Reggie by anymeans.  Was out pretty hard before his covid stint, was pleasantly surprised with the turnaround and then bummed last night when he put up a stinker in his freakin' revenge game...

Would not lose sleep if he's moved for a reasonable piece at all.
Like Reply
Really bad game by Luka and most of rest of the team and shooting, so many open shots missed. Its beeen a good run of great play by the team lately, and Luka had some of his best games recently. This bad game was about to come. I predict a great game and win against Memphis, this will motivate everyone to do better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 04:59 PM)burekemde Wrote: Really bad game by Luka and most of rest of the team and shooting, so many open shots missed. Its beeen a good run of great play by the team lately, and Luka had some of his best games recently. This bad game was about to come. I predict a great game and win against Memphis, this will motivate everyone to do better.

Don't know about them beating Memphis who won again tonight for their 11th straight. But I suspect they play better than they did vs NY.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply