Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
55.56%
5 55.56%
Grizzlies
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 9: DAL (6-3) @ MEM (2-7) | 138-122 win | Mavs NBA best 4-0 on road
(11-09-2019, 08:40 PM)TheSportyChannel Wrote: Anyone that think Jim Carrey is a elite head coach should just leave

It seems the majority of people on this board are at a minimum questioning RC's decisions, but quite a bit are fed up with him including myself.

I went over the Reddit Mavs forum today and it's completely different there which surprised me. Minority was mad about RC, but most of them think he's a elite/all time great coach. That was the consensus I got from their recent threads anyway. It shocked me. They were defending him to no end and acting like anyone questioning him didn't know basketball....haha
Like Reply
I don´t get the issues RC has with the line-ups. It´s quite obvious: Major minutes must go to Luka, KP, Curry, Wright, Kleber, Brunson, Jackson, Finney-Smith. That´s 8 guys - give a few minutes to Powell and that´s it. I don´t get the struggle.
Like Reply
(11-09-2019, 08:39 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Luka with 10/7/5 after 1 quarter. That's absolutely insane.
I love it!
Like Reply
(11-09-2019, 08:43 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: WOW What a drive by Wright

He can do that. Big Grin
Like Reply
(11-09-2019, 08:35 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Luka is already a top 10 player in the league.
I say his start/efficiency should be sustainable. 

He is scoring at will in the paint. He really shoot poorly from 3 so far in the season, and overall is still is mega efficient. FTs up, and he legit improved crazy his paint finishing. Being a step quicker helped him so much. If he finds his jumper again, its probably game over.
Like Reply
Looks like the bench made the trip. Still hard to understand why Powell is shooting threes when Rick used him almost exclusively as a roll man last year to fairly decent success. Plus you have guys who can actually hit one out on the floor?
Like Reply
Bobi you got 6 of those, be physical.
Like Reply
(11-09-2019, 08:44 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 08:40 PM)TheSportyChannel Wrote: Anyone that think Jim Carrey is a elite head coach should just leave

It seems the majority of people on this board are at a minimum questioning RC's decisions, but quite a bit are fed up with him including myself.

I went over the Reddit Mavs forum today and it's completely different there which surprised me. Minority was mad about RC, but most of them think he's a elite/all time great coach. That was the consensus I got from their recent threads anyway. It shocked me. They were defending him to no end and acting like anyone questioning him didn't know basketball....haha

Reddit on the whole is comprised mainly of people who don't know alot about anything. There are a small minority that produces unique content. But overall, its just a hive mind of a poorly educated view and memes. It's good for a surface level understanding and passing the time, but no one should take anything of value from Reddit normally.

Also an Edit to clarify my thoughts on RC: I don't think RC is a bad coach. I think he's elite at what he does. His playcalling, general ability to coach up mediocre talent, and utilization of his players are top notch. But his BIGGEST downfalls are is rotations, general irascibility, and overthinking

His issues are big ones. Sometimes game losing ones. And are inane. But he's one of the better coaches in the NBA. I'd be more than open into replacing Carlisle, but unless its another elite coach its going to be a downgrade.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Don´t care he hit it. That´s exactly the shot THJ has no business taking.

Edit: Didn´t mean the three, but the floater before.
Like Reply
THJ hit 2 shots in a row. THIS IS NOT A DRILL

QUICK EDIT: NEVERMIND MAKE IT 3 AND AN AND-1
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Man, that was a long BULLET pass by Wright to THJ there for the and-one three!
Like Reply
I still hate THJ, but damn he's on fire
Like Reply
THJ>DP
Like Reply
THJ with the hot hand. 3 straight made shots and now a 4 point play wow

Boban 10000000x > Dwight Powell
Like Reply
As soon as THE BOBAN comes in, JV is neutralized. 

Hopping on board the Powell trade train.
Like Reply
(11-09-2019, 08:49 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 08:44 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote:

Reddit on the whole is comprised mainly of people who don't know alot about anything. There are a small minority that produces unique content. But overall, its just a hive mind of a poorly educated view and memes. It's good for a surface level understanding and passing the time, but no one should take anything of value from Reddit normally.
Good to know. It was my first time there, but I didn't really enjoy their conversations. There's a lot of bickering and bad takes on the Mavs. I don't think I'll go back. This forum has really knowledgeable posters overall.
Like Reply
Who here agrees with me that the Mavericks just play better on the road than they do at home. If the Mavericks win the will be 4-0 on the road, the best road record in the NBA and the only team to not have lost on the road.
Like Reply
(11-09-2019, 08:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Hopping on board the Powell trade train.
 I get it, but don't think the MBT would ever do that.
Like Reply
Somebody needed to block out Jackson there.  Arggh.
Like Reply
I'm on the trade DP train. I was on the don't sign DP train..lol
Like Reply