Poll: What do you think about THJr
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Starter Hope
40.91%
18 40.91%
Master Chuckfest
15.91%
7 15.91%
Trade him!
29.55%
13 29.55%
Tim Hero Jumper
13.64%
6 13.64%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The X-Factor Tim Hardaway Jr.: DAL to give long term extension?
(11-25-2019, 02:39 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 10:43 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Calling out @"fifteenth"

Hold up now. Am I getting called out for this? 

https://qabickcents.com/dallasbasketball...hp?tid=212

If so, yeah, that thread doesn't look so good. Bad me. 

But what about all the good stuff I've said about Tim? 

From this thread: 

Of course Seth is the better shooter, and even, imo, has a better all around offensive skill set. But when Seth plays 13 minutes and won't take a shot, and someone on the team besides Luka needs to man up and step into a shot, THJ is your huckleberry.

Then I posted this on October 3rd in a thread called Starting Lineup: Actual vs Proposed:

I'd lay it out like this:

Luka  / JB 
Delon  / Seth 
THJ  / JJackson 
DFS  / Maxi 
KP  / DP 

with JJB and Boban playing situationally 

Based on all the talk it looks like I'll be wrong about DP coming off the bench, but we'll see.

Then I said this in my Preseason Awards Thread

The EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS AWARD goes to:

Tim Hardaway Jr!!!!

THJ is playing really well. He's playing nothing like what we all (or mostly) expected. He's shooting and driving in rhythm, playing within the offense and not shot hunting. He looks relaxed, quick and springy. His decisiveness is helping and not hurting. 

So far, so great. Well done, THJ. 

Based on all we've said about him before the last couple of games, just thought he should get some recognition for playing so well.

I can't remember what thread it's in but I also said in the preseason that if THJ played like he did in 16/17 that he could make us better than expected (or something like that).

I've also said a few times that all THJ hate seems to be based on preconceived notions...although I wavered on that opinion when he had his "0 for _" stretch right before he started shooting well. 

So, are you calling me out for my silly THJ vs Bro thread that was meant to be a humorous shot at your THJ vs Seth thread (your thread which is looking pretty darn good right now)? 

Or are you calling me out to congratulate me for all the other things I've typed about THJ?  Big Grin

I called you out so you say something, not as an attack. Maybe calling out has a negative connotation I wasn't aware of. Just wanted to hear your thoughts.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1199032761010597889
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 02:45 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: I called you out so you say something, not as an attack. Maybe calling out has a negative connotation I wasn't aware of. Just wanted to hear your thoughts.

I'm not offended. I like "calling out _____" posts/threads. 

My post was meant to be light hearted...having fun with all this.

THJ is playing great. Rick said today that THJ IS the starter. It's going to be fun to see where this goes. If Tim keeps this up it raises the bar on how good this team can be and offsets the cost of his contract by raising his value. Pretty amazing development.
Like Reply
https://hoopshype.com/2019/11/25/dallas-...ic-impact/
Like Reply
Hardaway is doing a great job as a starter so far, hope his decision making stays at a high level.

Did anyone else notice how grumpy he got at Luka after a fast-break in the first quarter?

Luka kept the ball instead of passing to Hardaway, got fouled on the layup attempt.
Hardaway appeared to yell at Luka and then at Carlisle when he got subbed shortly after.
Kind of looked like he was mad at Luka for being selfish on the break, which seems weird considering how many assists Luka gets per game.
Obviously didn't affect them for the rest of the game but just stood out as weird to me.
Like Reply
I don't think THJ will keep up this pace for long...
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 12:14 AM)audiosway Wrote: I have a feeling he's going to be our new JET but as a starter. 

@"fifteenth"  come get your boy
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 12:11 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 12:14 AM)audiosway Wrote: I have a feeling he's going to be our new JET but as a starter. 

@"fifteenth"  come get your boy

LOL

audio, pal, I think Mr. Shuttlesworth, who might be turning 40 in 3 years, would like for me to politely let you know that it's most likely impossible for Tim Hardaway Jr. to put up a JET like career as a Mav. 

While Timmy is scorching hot catching and shooting 3's this season, and seems to play best when he's next to the Mavs superstar (two things things that are very JET like), he doesn't run an offense like JET, shoot pull up jumpers anything like JET did, probably won't be in the running as the Mavs offensive second option, and will never come anywhere near being a Mavs fan favorite. Most of JET's JETness is probably unattainable by THJ. But, I hope he keeps shooting catch and shoot 3s at a JET like rate!!!

How's that JS82?  Big Grin
Like Reply
It's going to be hilarious if THJ and his salary dump actually turns into a reliable 3rd option for this team. Uncle Ricky is doing his thing y'all.
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 09:30 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: It's going to be hilarious if THJ and his salary dump actually turns into a reliable 3rd option for this team. Uncle Ricky is doing his thing y'all.

The KP deal drove Knicks fans to pure vindictive bitterness as a self-defense mechanism, but THJ also becoming a valuable starter on a playoff team may legit drive some fans to an emergency medical situation.  And if Dallas also flips Lee's expiring contract for a good player we all might want to lay low and stay out of NY for a while.  They can only take so much.
Like Reply
Can he be the third option right now contract not bad
[hr
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...0872488960

https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...8063334400
Like Reply
For some reason for the Mavericks it always seems the throwaway piece in the trade ends up being the better player. Funny how it works out that way for this franchise

Caron Butler & Deshawn Stevenson were better than Haywood

https://www.espn.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=4917048

Dwight Powell was better than Rajon Rondo as crazy as it sounds

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1204...-mavericks

I’m thinking THJ is going to end up being the better player over Porzingis
Like Reply
THJ last 5 games have been incredile, he is a max player with that stat line. So let's take his 15 game average of some 15 points on 43 % 3P as the indicator. 

If he continues with this production, do we still want to trade him or does it make him a legit starter?
Like Reply
I mean if he keeps playing like this it greatly increases his trade value, which in turn greatly increases what a package involving him could bring back.

I would trade him and other players if it could bring in someone like, say, Jrue Holiday.
Like Reply
(11-30-2019, 08:07 AM)Branduil Wrote: I mean if he keeps playing like this it greatly increases his trade value, which in turn greatly increases what a package involving him could bring back.

I would trade him and other players if it could bring in someone like, say, Jrue Holiday.

If he can sustain that we don't need to trade him as he fits the timeline, he isn't old.
Like Reply
(11-30-2019, 08:07 AM)Branduil Wrote: I mean if he keeps playing like this it greatly increases his trade value, which in turn greatly increases what a package involving him could bring back.

He’s the exact player we need in his current form so why trade him for an unknown? Efficient scorer, very good 3pt shooter, solid man on man defense. He just needs to fix the occasional off the ball mental lapses.
Like Reply
(11-30-2019, 09:11 AM)Sigma4Life Wrote: He’s the exact player we need in his current form so why trade him for an unknown? Efficient scorer, very good 3pt shooter, solid man on man defense. He just needs to fix the occasional off the ball mental lapses.
This has been the debate everytime someone does well for a small period of time. I'd really hate to think he got his value up to his contract level (at least), we don't trade him and he starts believing his press and goes back to being what we saw with him before these 5-8 games. 

The thing that has most impressed me is his defense. We see he has the tools to do this, but he guarded Booker all game and held him well below his point average for the season. I was actually surprised that DFS didn't draw that assignment being the resident defensive ace. Then we look at the game Oubre had with DFS guarding him...
Like Reply
(11-30-2019, 09:49 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 09:11 AM)Sigma4Life Wrote: He’s the exact player we need in his current form so why trade him for an unknown? Efficient scorer, very good 3pt shooter, solid man on man defense. He just needs to fix the occasional off the ball mental lapses.
This has been the debate everytime someone does well for a small period of time. I'd really hate to think he got his value up to his contract level (at least), we don't trade him and he starts believing his press and goes back to being what we saw with him before these 5-8 games. 

The thing that has most impressed me is his defense. We see he has the tools to do this, but he guarded Booker all game and held him well below his point average for the season. I was actually surprised that DFS didn't draw that assignment being the resident defensive ace. Then we look at the game Oubre had with DFS guarding him...

I doubt he will go back to his former self as long as he plays alongside Luka. He is getting plenty, has success and plays the right way even when his shot isn't falling.

Its the type of play he plays, not the success that iss relevant here.

Porzingis also found a role as defensive anchor. Doesn't have a place on offense yet but also isn't forcing it as much anymore.

Team has clearly put winning first, for the majority they look out for how they can contribute to winning streak nce the Knicks game.

Bench is a bit rough now since the rotation has tightened.

Bench is missing a bailout/first option which barea has shown to be capable of. It's interesting to observe. The bench doesn't need to dominate though. Playing a slow pace and keeping the game close is enough.

Bench would profit from Powel though. More than the starters do.

I prefer Maxi starting.
Like Reply
Yeah hard for me think GM's opinions will change quick enough for it to really matter this year. 
Maybe if he has a hot playoffs he could be desirable to someone this summer as a one year rental. Especially paired with a pick or 2. 
Lee's expiring, Brunson and that GS pick will be how we get an upgrade this season
Like Reply