Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardship depth chart
Might be a good idea to keep a daily running thread to keep track of the Mavs depth chart over the next month or so. 
Hardships in bold. Here's how I see it:

December 22

PG: Brunson - B Knight - C Jones
SG: Ntilikina - C Brown - McLaughlin
SF: S Brown - Pinson
PF: DFS - G King
C: Powell - Chriss - Moses - Boban

OUT:
PG: Luka - Burke
SG: Bullock - Green
SF: THJ
PF: KP - Kleber - Omeruyi
C: WCS
[-] The following 9 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • ClutchDirk, DanSchwartzgan, dirkfansince1998, fifteenth, khaled1987, KillerLeft, ReunionMav, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(12-22-2021, 04:02 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Might be a good idea to keep a daily running thread to keep track of the Mavs depth chart over the next month or so. 
Hardships in bold. Here's how I see it:

December 22

PG: Brunson - B Knight - C Jones
SG: Ntilikina - C Brown - McLaughlin
PF: DFS - G King
C: Powell - Chriss - Moses - Boban

OUT:
SG: Bullock - Green
KP - Kleber - Omeruyi
good lord
[-] The following 1 user Likes mavsluvr's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
A sobering thread
Like Reply
Anyone know the status of Eugene?  I was looking on Twitter and someone mentioned foot surgery but I couldn't find anything attached to that tweet or anything of substance.   Has the Mavs said anything?
Like Reply
(12-22-2021, 04:10 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Anyone know the status of Eugene?  I was looking on Twitter and someone mentioned foot surgery but I couldn't find anything attached to that tweet or anything of substance.   Has the Mavs said anything?

He is listed on the injury report as out for foot surgery, which is a change from just "foot" before. That's all I have heard.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mavsluvr's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
I'm most intrigued by Chriss as a guy who could find a role on this team when everyone is healthy. 

McLaughlin might be able to shoot but he's 23 years old with limited athleticism. If he can't get on the floor with the team missing eight roster players I don't see the point of keeping him in the development program. This is a guy you hope might earn a role as a specialized sharpshooter one day. 

The Mavs will be trying to win tonight so I'd expect Brunson, Ntilikina and vet B Knight to get the bulk of the backcourt minutes but I'd like to see what McLaughlin can do with 10-15 minutes.
Like Reply
That 4 spot is troubling.

EDIT:  I guess Chriss can play some 4, but he can't hit the broad side of a barn from 3, relative to NBA standards.  (I know he could outshoot me every day of the week and twice on Sundays.)

(12-23-2021, 10:09 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: I'm most intrigued by Chriss as a guy who could find a role on this team when everyone is healthy. 

McLaughlin might be able to shoot but he's 23 years old with limited athleticism. If he can't get on the floor with the team missing eight roster players I don't see the point of keeping him in the development program. This is a guy you hope might earn a role as a specialized sharpshooter one day. 

The Mavs will be trying to win tonight so I'd expect Brunson, Ntilikina and vet B Knight to get the bulk of the backcourt minutes but I'd like to see what McLaughlin can do with 10-15 minutes.

Yeah...McLaughlin looked really bad the other night.  Totally outmatched to me.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
What do we know about KP. How bad is this foot or toe thing?
Like Reply
(12-23-2021, 10:18 AM)TXBamanut Wrote: Yeah...McLaughlin looked really bad the other night.  Totally outmatched to me.

Every time McLaughlin has taken the floor he's looked scared to be out there. Like he's swallowed up by the pressure. Saw the same thing with Tyrell. 

In any case I'm interested to see how Carlik looks out there in non-preseason games.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/147406...DP4F1MkUwg&s=09
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-23-2021, 01:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/147406...DP4F1MkUwg&s=09

We were at 14 guys when we only needed 13, but now it makes sense
Like Reply
So if Eugene is out for the rest of the year, is that two way spot gone?   Would they need to waive him if they wanted to sign someone else?

Can Pinson can be signed to a two way contract if they release Jacquri?  I can see that happening but not sure of the restrictions.

If Chriss proves worthy over the next week or so, it could come down to either WCS or Moses' spot.   Moses has a more untapped potential but WCS may have the better contract to use in a trade.  I find it hard to believe WCS will be used in a trade...even for salary matching.  And who knows why he has been away from the team for so long.   In all liklihood, both WCS and Moses may be gone by the trade deadline.   I am still hoping we keep Moses for a year and see how he develops.  He still looks lost out there often but he has been making his free throws.
Like Reply
(12-23-2021, 02:21 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: So if Eugene is out for the rest of the year, is that two way spot gone?   Would they need to waive him if they wanted to sign someone else?

Yes

(12-23-2021, 02:21 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Can Pinson can be signed to a two way contract if they release Jacquri?

Yes
Like Reply
Eugene is out for the year? Where did you see that?
Like Reply
So much for maybe getting a look at McLaughlin. Carlik Jones got the nod as the fourth guard over Charlie Brown last night but he seemed to be pressing a bit. I thought he passed out of some decent looks. His midrange baseline airball was not a good look.

Moses is still the first big off the bench but I wonder how long that will last with Chriss coming on so strong. Chriss can really impact a game with his athleticism and perimeter defense.

I love the energy and defensive awareness I'm seeing from Pinson. Can this team use a disruptive defender? A 6' 6" wing with a 6' 11" wingspan? And the 3pt stroke looks good too. I'm interested. Pinson + Ntilikina are a defensive wrecking crew.

December 23

PG: Brunson - B Knight 
SG: Ntilikina - C Jones - C Brown 
SF: S Brown - Pinson
PF: DFS - G King
C: Powell - Moses - Chriss - Boban

10 players OUT:
SG: Bullock - Green - McLaughlin
PF: KP - Kleber - Omeruyi
Like Reply
(12-23-2021, 06:24 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Eugene is out for the year? Where did you see that?

Believe the team announced this yesterday. Out for the season, more precisely.
Like Reply
DFS out; KP & Green in

Dec 26

SG: Ntilikina - Green - C Brown - C Jones 
PF: KP - G King

9 players OUT:
SG: Bullock - McLaughlin
SF: DFS - THJ
PF: Kleber - Omeruyi
Like Reply
DFS in; Omeruyi waived. Mavs now have one open two-way roster spot which will surely go to Theo Pinson as Chriss isn't eligible for a two-way. And honestly, Pinson has earned it. He's a big 6' 7" wing, 220lbs, 6' 11" wingspan, disruptive, smart defender, can handle and even facilitate a bit. Coming out of college, no less than Roy Williams of Carolina hoped NBA teams would evaluate Pinson as a point guard prospect. He looks confident and gets shots up. Haven't seen him beat his man in the lane but realistically, DFS, Bullock and THJ don't really penetrate either. It's shocking but if the improved shot is real, Pinson actually looks like a rotation player for this team. Certainly no reason why he can't carve out a Shannon Brown-type role in the NBA.

Dec 27

SG: Ntilikina - Green - C Brown - C Jones 
SF: DFS - S Brown - Pinson
PF: KP - G King

7 players OUT:
SG: Bullock - McLaughlin
PF: Kleber 
[-] The following 2 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • ClutchDirk, LukTheShadow
Like Reply
(12-27-2021, 10:32 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: Mavs now have one open two-way roster spot which will surely go to Theo Pinson as Chriss isn't eligible for a two-way. 

The two-way player rules are weirdly worded, but it looks to me like Pinson isn't eligible for a two-way deal either.
Like Reply
Thanks to V for keeping this updated...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply