Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 11.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
91.67%
22 91.67%
Knicks
8.33%
2 8.33%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: NYK (2-7) @ DAL (5-3) | 102-106 loss
All my homies who knew Powell was not good please stand up. I know a lot of you were fooled. It's okay. There is plenty of room on team trade Dwight.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:19 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: All my homies who knew Powell was not good please stand up. I know a lot of you were fooled. It's okay. There is plenty of room on team trade Dwight.

I didn't like his extension and still don't think he's worth it. Trade him
Like Reply
Was also a game where Luka was stat hunting and playing ego ball after the rest didn't play well.

He was night and day tonight. Heaven and hell. Definitely felt his youth tonight.

If these early shot clock contested 3s are the game plan then that is on Rick. Finney Smith takes them as well. 

I just don't get it.

Little sad for Porzingis. He played with lots of effort and then fucked it up with that 3-Pointer foul.

Had game changing defense but brunson and Hardaway miss layups that would have given us momentum. Might have been fouled. Momentum was never on our side.

Whistles definitely weren't going our way all night.

Worst thing still was Carlisle not putting in Boban.
Like Reply
Another classic Carlisle catastrophe. We've been struggling against bad teams all year so a loss to arguably the worst one is no surprise. 

KP and Doncic (terrible 3PT shot selection) were mostly great but a third player couldn't step up. But once again why should we be surprised? 

Carlisle is doing too much mixing and matching, zero consistency thus most of our guys have not gotten comfortable. You got players playing 5-10 mins one game then 25-30 the next. How are they supposed to get in rhythm and stay in a groove? 

The one well Carlisle loves to go back to is THJ though. He freakin loves that guy, first one off the bench, got to finish the game. So what if he made two "clutch" 3's, he was G-League awful before that. 

This game is a nice reminder why we need to hold off on the playoff talk. Mavs have A LOT to clean up still.
Like Reply
I wasn't able to see the game tonight. I got home and turned on the tv and saw we were losing by 9 at one point with like less than 4 minutes remaining. Knicks were 1-7 coming in and without a couple key guys. I had a feeling we'd lose this one tonight - classic trap game. Horrible supporting cast night by the look of the box score. Good thing i missed this one!
Like Reply
Pick up joakim noah if he’s healthy.
Like Reply
Is it too late to void Powell's contract?
Like Reply
Honestly is it too late to call OKC up and ask for 1 Steven Adams please?

Him and Gallo would put the team over the top. I'd take CP3 too if his contract wasn't 40 million.

http://tradenba.com/trades/S1LAfT7or
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:33 PM)iolide Wrote: I wasn't able to see the game tonight. I got home and turned on the tv and saw we were losing by 9 at one point with like less than 4 minutes remaining. Knicks were 1-7 coming in and without a couple key guys. I had a feeling we'd lose this one tonight - classic trap game. Horrible supporting cast night by the look of the box score. Good thing i missed this one!
Yeah, but usually a trap game is when the next game after is the one you're looking forward to more, which is typically against a higher quality team.

Our next game is freakin' Memphis so I highly doubt Mavs overlooked tonight towards the Grizz. Plus, this was KP's first contest against his former team and he just had a terrible performance vs ORL; he and the Mavs needed this one.
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:36 PM)Moviemavguy Wrote: Is it too late to void Powell's contract?

Yes.
Like Reply
First bad loss of the season...although the Lakers game should have been a win if RC didn't botch it at the end. Luka and KP are putting up points but until a #3 option emerges, this team won't make the playoffs. And I don't think there is anyone on the roster who can be that guy...other teams will know that they shouldn't be scared of THJ/Brunson/Wright/etc. beating them
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:37 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Honestly is it too late to call OKC up and ask for 1 Steven Adams please?

Him and Gallo would put the team over the top. I'd take CP3 too if his contract wasn't 40 million.

THJ is so bad I'm warming up to the THJ/Lee for CP3 trade. I hate CP3 too so I'm really conflicted, but at least he can still ball and has high IQ. THJ is absolutely worthless. They should trade him for anyone at this point. Trade him so RC can't play him if nothing else.
Like Reply
https://out.reddit.com/t3_dtqznp?url=htt...om%2Fb8zsz&token=AQAAEVHGXQPZx_qK_tyJQ432eBI_Lj5i2ChqfNxah_eVmwcdBbRp&app_name=mweb2x
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:41 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 11:37 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Honestly is it too late to call OKC up and ask for 1 Steven Adams please?

THJ is so bad I'm warming up to the THJ/Lee for CP3 trade. I hate CP3 too so I'm really conflicted, but at least he can still ball and has high IQ. THJ is absolutely worthless. They should trade him for anyone at this point. Trade him so RC can't play him if nothing else.

Lol, that's how I felt about Wes during RC's love affair with him.

(11-08-2019, 11:38 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 11:33 PM)iolide Wrote: I wasn't able to see the game tonight. I got home and turned on the tv and saw we were losing by 9 at one point with like less than 4 minutes remaining. Knicks were 1-7 coming in and without a couple key guys. I had a feeling we'd lose this one tonight - classic trap game. Horrible supporting cast night by the look of the box score. Good thing i missed this one!
Yeah, but usually a trap game is when the next game after is the one you're looking forward to more, which is typically against a higher quality team.

Our next game is freakin' Memphis so I highly doubt Mavs overlooked tonight towards the Grizz. Plus, this was KP's first contest against his former team and he just had a terrible performance vs ORL; he and the Mavs needed this one.

Well, after this last stretch, the Mavs certainly should not be overlooking ANY team.
Like Reply
Everyone gets a game to vent about whatever their pet peeve is.
Like Reply
(11-09-2019, 12:35 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Everyone gets a game to vent about whatever their pet peeve is.

AND/OR there are real issues that were exposed that need to be addressed....
Like Reply
You can put this L, on the bench, and the other starters not named Luka or Kristaps. THJ was the only other player in double figures, even though he wasn't efficient. While the Knicks had 5 players in double figures. The dynamic duo did their jobs, gotta get more consistency from the other starters and reserves. If you're just depending on those two, get ready for more losses. Knicks gave them a big slice of humble pie.
Like Reply
(11-09-2019, 12:36 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 12:35 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Everyone gets a game to vent about whatever their pet peeve is.

No doubt.

As I read through the end of the game thread, though, I just noticed that each person was blaming the loss on whatever particular thing that person usually hates about the team.

We'll see which struggles they work through and correct and which remain weaknesses.
Like Reply
(11-09-2019, 12:55 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 12:36 AM)Kammrath Wrote:

No doubt.

As I read through the end of the game thread, though, I just noticed that each person was blaming the loss on whatever particular thing that person usually hates about the team.

We'll see which struggles they work through and correct and which remain weaknesses.

Well then, let me just say, this loss is on the offseason not being better.
Like Reply
This loss is really on Carlisle.

Why does our team always adjust to the other team?

I just want to see RC to just put what he thinks is our best lineup out there and let the opponent adjust to us. I was thinking of Boban/KP dominating the paint.

This is just some bad coaching, man. We're always the ones doing the adjusting. I really hate that approach.

Good thing is it's still too early in the season. But losing to the Knicks, man... really bummed me out. They better win convincingly tomorrow.
Like Reply