Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 11.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
91.67%
22 91.67%
Knicks
8.33%
2 8.33%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: NYK (2-7) @ DAL (5-3) | 102-106 loss
The tainted Dirkie is haunting this team. We must demand justice. 

#DrainTheTaint
#AwardJJWhatsHis
#Donaghy’sDirkie
Like Reply
As someone else said it - they had it coming for a couple of games. They will not make the playoffs if they don't put max effort for the whole game. They played in the last quarter only and Knicks took what we gave them. Everyone but KP and Luka showed they are just bench guys and proved how awful we could use a proven starter(s). 8 turnovers by Luka... Jackson 1 of 5, Wright 1-5, Brunson and DFS 1-4. Powell managed to take 1 shot (no rim running tonight!), Curry took 0 shots. 

Terribly dissapointed.
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:02 PM)mtrot Wrote: We rightly panned THJ for going 3-10 on threes, but to be fair, I have to point out Luka went 3-11, which is even worse.

Another problem:

132 minutes for Powell, DFS, Kleber, Brunson, Curry and Wright: 17 points. Dodgy Half of those by Kleber.
Like Reply
Last two games showcase why free agency was a huge failure.  Needed to get Luka and KP some help.
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:05 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I'm not sure we are a lock for the playoffs. I was really confident before this 3 game stretch against the East, but honestly we could have gone 1-2 against 3 of the worst teams in the league. We got lucky against Orlando. We can't lose to the bottom dwellers of the East and make the playoffs in the West. I'm not saying we won't or can't make the playoffs, but we aren't as strong as I thought a week ago.

Orlando was also on a back 2 back. This is just sad. We are struggling vs the Magic and Knicks. Pathetic
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:03 PM)Kammrath Wrote: THJ is an anchor to this team. It is beyond me how he gets the benefit of the doubt from RC EVERY night while other guys are on a short leash. 

SO STUPID.

The X-Factor ?
Like Reply
I think it’s important to remember that this is still a young team (at least our star players) who haven’t played together for very long. Bad losses are bound to happen. That being said, THJ getting a bunch of minutes and jacking up terrible shots is inexcusable.
Like Reply
Really wish we had gotten Favors instead of keeping Powell.
Like Reply
It's like this team still needs Dirk to beat the Knicks. I don't even remember the last time we lost to them.

Very frustrating! Damn RC is really losing me.

- Lee to start the game
- Powell, THJ played way too much
- Boban, Barea need to play, Curry should get some touches

SMFH
Like Reply
Zero playoff series win in 8 years dont see it ending this year either, no other coach in the league could survive that,
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:05 PM)DrMav Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 11:02 PM)mtrot Wrote: We rightly panned THJ for going 3-10 on threes, but to be fair, I have to point out Luka went 3-11, which is even worse.  This is why I like Brunson bringing up the ball.  He gets in the lane and tends to make good things happen.

Brunson is as shot happy as THJ this year

Well, he generally first drives the ball into the lane and tries to find somebody to pass it to.  He did it several times tonight.  The Mavs need to learn how to move without the ball and get into position for Brunson to get the ball to them.  But the Mavs stand around too much.  It's been this way for years now, and I put this partly on the coaching staff.  They have to play smarter.
Like Reply
RC won't ever get fired, but he's not a elite coach. He's lost me. He had Dirk to make him look great. Dirk was one of the most clutch players to ever play in the NBA. I hope Luka and or KP push for a new coach next season. That's the only way it will happen.
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:11 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 11:02 PM)mtrot Wrote: We rightly panned THJ for going 3-10 on threes, but to be fair, I have to point out Luka went 3-11, which is even worse.  This is why I like Brunson bringing up the ball.  He gets in the lane and tends to make good things happen.

Well, he generally first drives the ball into the lane and tries to find somebody to pass it to.  He did it several times tonight.  The Mavs need to learn how to move without the ball and get into position for Brunson to get the ball to them.  But the Mavs stand around too much.  It's been this way for years now, and I put this partly on the coaching staff.  They have to play smarter.

He takes many bad early shotclock contested iso 3s. 

Luka also takes super bad 3s this season.
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:11 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: RC won't ever get fired, but he's not a elite coach. He's lost me. He had Dirk to make him look great. Dirk was one of the most clutch players to ever play in the NBA. I hope Luka and or KP push for a new coach next season. That's the only way it will happen.

Thank you. Rick is a nobody without Dirk bailing him out a ring. Been saying it for years. I'm happy many people are agreeing with after so many years!!!
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:05 PM)DrMav Wrote: Brunson is as shot happy as THJ this year

He took 4 shots and exactly one of them was a bad shot... At least he is active and aggresive on the offensive side, which can't be said for half of this team.
Like Reply
Embarrassing loss. The Knicks came in and punked them.
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:08 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: Curry should get some touches

THIS. THIS.

Curry is literally one of the BEST three point shooters in NBA history (44% career!) and we don't run offense through him around screens to make sure he gets looks??? Yet we insist that we give THJ (who is shooting 31% on threes!) TONS of looks?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:11 PM)mtrot Wrote:

If it as been that way for years then you need to put it all on the coahcing staff
Like Reply
Bullets:
  • Finally a pathetic performance resulted in a pathetic loss. What a piss-poor showing and bad loss. Should have happened against Orlando already. I'm also very glad Rick's bullshit rotations have cost them. I said I'm fine with juggling rotations as long as it works. Now is the time to get a set one and let the guys gel.
  • One of my keys was matching the Knicks intensity tonight and boy the Mavs missed by a mile. Outrebounded, outhustled. Pretty much the same shit that brought them close to a L vs. Orlando.
  • I know Knicks shot lights out, but that precisely why you shouldn't give a bad team any confidence. Even more amazing the Knicks did it without Barrett contributing anything.
  • I think Powell might not be able to defend anyone to be honest. I was joking about Randle having a big game, but OF COURSE he was giving it to Dwight down low. And not only him, Gibson owned DP as well. Kleber is the much better player especially in case Powell can't provide on offense. He was pretty awful overall.
  • Same goes for THJ. We had a decent start for once and then he comes in and bricks every available shot. That last minute three can't save him.
  • Seth Curry's minutes continues to amaze me. He's clearly a great shooter on a team that needs one and is like the 10th player in the rotation. Unless something is up with him physically, there's no explanation. #FreeSeth
  • Frankie did a decent job on Luka, but MSG pretended like he completely shut him down. LOL. One of those games where the three wouldn't fall for him. But otherwise spectacular. Doesn't mean Ntilikina wasn't a beast though. He definitely was a major factor in them winning.
  • I don't want to hear anything about Luka's last shot by the way. Yes it was a bad one early in the clock. He could have gotten closer to the basket for sure. But tonight it was also a classic "I'm not getting any help here so I'm taking dumb step-backs" game. Doncic scored more than all other non KP-Mavs combined. Go figure.
  • An additional comment on Luka's turnovers: A good bunch on them were caused by bad team spacing and Dwight just not moving that great on offense. Again, DP was annoyingly bad.
  • Kleber's +/- doesn't show, but he was excellent tonight. Stellar defense and made some smart passes offensively. Unfortunately guys weren't able to hit. He should have closed the game instead of Powell.
  • Not sure what happened to Brunson, but I don't like it. Not as worried about Wright, because he contributes in a variety of ways, but Brunson really seems hesitant and not as confident lately. He had a nice stretch in the 4th though.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
LIFT 

THE 

CURSE
Like Reply