Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Thunder
16.67%
1 16.67%
Mavericks
83.33%
5 83.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 44: OKC (14-28) at Dallas (24-19) - 7:30 CT
(01-17-2022, 10:56 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Did KP hit a minutes restriction?  Really weird he was not in the game down the stretch.  I think Powell made some big plays though.  But the question is if he can't play down the stretch, is he long term here?   I thought he was really good tonight.  Sure like he had more than 13 points though.   Just weird.

I know he's on a minutes restriction, but 27 seems light to me, especially considering how good he looked out there at times. Interesting.
Like Reply
Bally's technical difficulties with the Mavs technical difficulties made it very difficult at the end.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-17-2022, 11:10 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Bally's technical difficulties with the Mavs technical difficulties made it very difficult at the end.

Technically, you're correct.
Like Reply
(01-17-2022, 10:12 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: And now Burke is chucking away the lead.

Mavs had a 22pts lead.

I think the only shot Burke doesn't like is the the vaccine.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jmaciscool's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-17-2022, 10:56 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Did KP hit a minutes restriction?  Really weird he was not in the game down the stretch.  I think Powell made some big plays though.  But the question is if he can't play down the stretch, is he long term here?   I thought he was really good tonight.  Sure like he had more than 13 points though.   Just weird.

1)  Kidd said he wasn't comfortable playing him 30 minutes and he was almost at 28.
2)  He only had 13, because they couldn't make an entry pass in the 2nd quarter, adn when they did it, was late, so KP followed the offense and passed out of it to the open man.
3)  I think the decision to sit him, while better for the long run, almost got them beat because with him and Maxi out, it was just a run at the rim in the last 3 minutes.
4)  People talk about him getting frustrated, but it looked like, to me, he couldn't get there to clean up Hardaway's breakdown and got dunked on, and the Thunder were inching back in it...that's what it looked like it was to me about.  
5)  In all fairness, Dwight was great on the boards, didn't miss from the floor and played his usual breakneck hard self.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
[-] The following 2 users Like TXBamanut's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-17-2022, 10:53 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Kidd really did not care about coaching this game at all tonight

I saw the subs and lack of a timeout in real time and tended to agree with Kidd.  If you can't overcome a little adversity against OKC in your own gym, how do you expect to do it in a hostile playoff environment.  I actually loved the Green sub.  I thought it was a good developmental move and with Bullock and Maxi unavailable, he made sense as the next best defender in a moment where we needed D.  Clearly they tried to inbound to other players first but Green was the only player who could get open.  

I had no problem with Powell at all.  KP had played 8 straight minutes and 16 second half minutes.  The team was +0 in Powell's final stretch with two offensive rebounds.  He was the player who went out for Green largely because OKC went small.  If I was going to question anything it was leaving Hardaway in the game to close.  SGA abused him on two driving layups late in the fourth.  But, with Maxi and Bullock out, what choice did we have that was better.
Like Reply
(01-18-2022, 08:03 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: If you can't overcome a little adversity against OKC in your own gym, how do you expect to do it in a hostile playoff environment.

That's for sure the positive way to look at it, and thankfully it worked out. Best case scenario - they get the learning and the victory.
Like Reply
Any idea why was Chriss a DNP-CD?
Like Reply
(01-18-2022, 09:43 AM)michaeltex Wrote: Any idea why was Chriss a DNP-CD?

Well, I'm not sure, in the context of this specific game, but it's clear that he is no higher than the 4th big on the team, which puts him, where, like 10th, overall? Maybe 11th? 

I'd say there are quite a few DNP-CD nights coming for him in the near future.
Like Reply
I was impressed with Tre Mann last night.  He is still very young but that guy can create space off the dribble.   I was unsure of that pick....especially since they passed on Senguin, but they may have hit on both of their first round picks.    Robinson Earl was one of my guys in the second round and Diakite was one of my sleepers in the draft.

Their 2020 draft is looking shaking.  Poku was 0-5 and Maledon was 2-8 in their G-league loss to the Legends last night.   Carlik Jones went for 25 and 9
Like Reply