Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: DEN gets McGruder+2nd round pick | DET gets Bol Bol (trade voided)
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1480259982826164226

The 2nd smaller move made so far by other teams. Denver giving up on Bol Bol after 3 years makes it seem like they don't really believe he can be anything.

McGruder hopefully doesn't become anything for Denver.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Bol Bol has a nice skill set that he wasn't getting a chance to show in Denver. He can shoot the 3, and handle the ball at 7'2. Nice no risk pickup by Detroit who's rebuilding anyway.
Like Reply
Denver signed DeMarcus Cousins to a 10 day which I expect to be extended to a full contract now that he's been reunited with Malone. McGruder might get waived
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 07:46 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Bol Bol has a nice skill set that he wasn't getting a chance to show in Denver. He can shoot the 3, and handle the ball at 7'2. Nice no risk pickup by Detroit who's rebuilding anyway.

You don't think a 2nd rounder isn't some risk? That's an investment for Bol Bol who might not be in the league the next year or two. 

In any case I agree with you that the overall risk is minimal for Detroit, as McGruder was wasting away for them and they get a prospect with Bol at the end of the day.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I have to believe there is a reason he hasn't gotten playing time.  There are times when you see Bol play and he looks like he has something.  But Denver will play you if they think you can play.   It is probably best for him to get a new start.
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 09:48 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: You don't think a 2nd rounder isn't some risk? That's an investment for Bol Bol who might not be in the league the next year or two. 

In any case I agree with you that the overall risk is minimal for Detroit, as McGruder was wasting away for them and they get a prospect with Bol at the end of the day.

I think he'll continue to be in the league if he shows something in Detroit.   Boban and Tacko Fall are still in the league, aren't they?  Bol Bol is more athletic than both.  We'll see.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1481672348554067969
Like Reply
The most interesting thing about this trade is that it was voided. Wonder what spooked the Pistons in the physical.
Like Reply