Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BOBAN!!! (+25, 12 pts, 8 rbds)
47.37%
18 47.37%
Luka (+15, 29 pts, 15 asts, 14 rbds)
50.00%
19 50.00%
KP (18 pts, 9 rbds, 6 blks)
2.63%
1 2.63%
DP (9 pts, 4 rbds)
0%
0 0%
Seth (13 pts, 4 asts)
0%
0 0%
Jalen (14 pts, 6 asts)
0%
0 0%
DFS (10 pts, 5 rbds)
0%
0 0%
THJ (+16, 12 pts)
0%
0 0%
Delon (+15, 8 pts, 6 asts, 4 rbds)
0%
0 0%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GAME 6 DIRKIE: Winner Luka (50%) & Runner-up Boban (47%)
Brick 
Who was the "player of the game" that elevated their game to get the Mavs the victory?
Like Reply
BOBAN
Like Reply
Out team is really deep. Regular season should be fine.
Like Reply
Luka had the best overall game with an incredible 29/14/15 performance, and back to back 15 assist nights, but I have to give it to

THE BOBAN

Striking fear into the Cavs hearts. Boban could not be denied.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Also while he didn't have the most insane night, Kristaps for the sneaky Dirkie. Was quiet in the first half, but came out in the 2nd half ready to roll, and put up 18/9 rebounds/and 6(!!) blocks! He was an absolute monster on the defensive end.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Boban deserves all the love he’s getting. 

Had to throw my vote Wonderboy’s way tonite tho since it seems like I’m reading about some new historical record he just broke every time I refresh Twitter right now.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1191194948017774598
Like Reply
[img]
This kid Luka is having some start to the season.... let’s go @dallasmavs
— Dirk Nowitzki (@swish41) November 4, 2019 " />
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Voted for Bobi.  I thought that he had the most influence on the direction that the game ended up taking for the Mavs.

Agree that KP also had a solid night.  I also liked how Wright played tonight.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1191199422329376768
Like Reply
I love seeing that a team that would seek to "bully-ball" us - and Love/Thompson/Nance are as old school as it comes - get nothing and like it.  Throwing in 2 7'3'' guys ends that noise really quick.  Cle also lacked pg skills to break down the defense.  

As with the Dirkie namesake, there are going to be SOOO many nights where Luka deserves this award.  Sometimes, you have to look past that and see who changed the game.  Boban took a game that was up for grabs and elevated it to a blowout.  He gets my vote.

It is also fun to note another statistical rarity to go with last weeks' 9/10 players in double figures...  10/11 Mavs to play tonight shot 50%+ (THJ was 5/12).  Mavs are spreading the ball around and attacking at all levels, making them a tough team to defend.  9 players again tonight with 8+ points.  We saw a lot of people getting comfortable in where their shots are coming from and passing up good shots for great ones.  This team has a ton of BBIQ and the offense is going to be humming.  Games will still come down to whether or not we can defend well enough - especially in the clutch!
Like Reply
Voted for Boban because he went a long way toward earning a role tonight. Now maybe he can continue to calm down and make his shots around the rim. I am hoping he can counter Montrez Harrell when we play the Clippers.

That was one historically big lineup Rick put out there tonight and it worked.

PS. A lot of guys earned Dirkie consideration tonight. Luka is making a serious push for All Star and All NBA.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 12:09 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote: Voted for Boban because he went a long way toward earning a role tonight. Now maybe he can continue to calm down and make his shots around the rim. I am hoping he can counter Montrez Harrell when we play the Clippers.

That was one historically big lineup Rick put out there tonight and it worked.

PS. A lot of guys earned Dirkie consideration tonight. Luka is making a serious push for All Star and All NBA.
Man, the West All-star team is going to be stacked.  You almost have to be an MVP candidate to make it this year.  Some serious talent will be left off of the squad.  It was nice of the GSW to have all of their perennial all-stars drop off to allow for some new blood!  It will be interesting if players like Curry/George play enough to earn spots (or get voted on).  If Porzingis has a prayer to make it, the Mavs had better have a top record and he would need to boost his game even higher.  If Luka keeps up this pace, he is a lock. 

In addition to Luka, you have new upstarts like Mitchell/Booker/Ingram/SGA.  You have perennial snubs Gobert/McCollum/Conley (although he is off to a dreadful start) and Leonard/Porzingis/Russell all moved from the east.  It is going to be tight getting in.
Like Reply
I'm going with Luka for two reasons
- Second consecutive game with a career-high in assists
- Outrebounded the super rebounding duo of Love and Thompson
Like Reply
Hard not to vote for Luka...but I voted for Boban.  I gotta say that Boban is a much better player than I thought he was.  Delon and Porzingis played good as well.  Pretty good team effort.
Like Reply
I voted Luka only because I couldn't split between him and Boban. 

Boban looked like a man among children out there. Even did a little perimeter defense. 

Between Love hitting 3s and their PG (Sexton?) hitting that floater from just below the FT line, I was a little worried early that the Cavs might be a problem, but DAL actually played some pretty good defense to get that under control.

Interesting that I was listening to the pre-game on Sirius XM, which used the CLE announcers, and they were saying that DAL doesn't have enough "toughness" and the plan was to body them up and pick up Luka full court. Soooo....I guess it's back to the drawing board?

Interesting that both losses have been due to referee issues. Better Mavs play could have avoided that possibility, but there it is. My point is that this team has had the real opportunity to start 6-0. They haven't yet played anyone who dominated them for more that a few stretches. I think this is a monster in the making. GSW is out, NOP is starting to smell, DEN appears to have issues, HOU doesn't look like a power house. IF EVERYONE STAYS HEALTHY, I think DAL is getting post-season checks.

Also, maybe it was just me, but KP and Boban out there together kind of gave me an old school thrill. I know it's not for every situation, but it was fun to watch and kind of shifted the balance of the game.
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 10:28 AM)michaeltex Wrote: KP and Boban out there together kind of gave me an old school thrill.

WARNING: I am about to do the most classic example of small sample sizes.

So in 8 minutes together on the court this season, KP + Boban:

Offensive Rating: 170.6
Defensive Rating: 94.6
Net: +76.1

They have DESTROYED opponents. Obviously small sample size that isn't sustainable but I bet the basic positive trend is sustainable.
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 10:42 AM)Kammrath Wrote: WARNING: I am about to do the most classic example of small sample sizes.

So in 8 minutes together on the court this season, KP + Boban:

Offensive Rating: 170.6
Defensive Rating: 94.6
Net: +76.1

They have DESTROYED opponents. Obviously small sample size that isn't sustainable but I bet the basic positive trend is sustainable.
It may be a small sample but with our own eyes we can see these smaller players approaching the Great Euro Wall and dribbling away from it in fear.  Plus, if you miss a shot on offense, there is a pair of gigantic hands to softly put the ball in the basket. Love it.

Another small sample size -

Bro is at 84.3 PER  Smile
Like Reply
We need some tie breaking votes!

Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 04:02 PM)Kammrath Wrote: We need some tie breaking votes!

How long after a game have you setup the vote to be open?

Btw I giggle how you setup the order of options in a way that your personal favorite is the primary option. Funny probably involuntary manipulation Smile.
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 04:04 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: How long after a game have you setup the vote to be open?

Btw I giggle how you setup the order of options in a way that your personal favorite is the primary option. Funny probably involuntary manipulation Smile.

I close it usually within 24 hrs....but I might leave this one open to make sure we have a winner.

And yes, I get to set the order....perk of doing the work. Smile
Like Reply