Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.0 pt RAPTOR & 8.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
43.75%
7 43.75%
Suns
56.25%
9 56.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 14: DAL (9-5) @ PHX (11-3) | 98-105 loss
(11-17-2021, 06:00 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I get the trade desire if we are getting Lillard back but some just keep throwing Brunson in every side ways move trade proposal after 1 playoff run against his worst matchup team...the player who had never played a NBA playoff game before the Clipps...

It's because there is this false mantra spreading among the forum troops that goes like this:

I like JB and DFS, I mean, they're pretty good, but trading those two is the only path we have towards improving the roster from now until Luka demands to go somewhere else.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
(11-17-2021, 06:00 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Here's the all time, all underrated starting 5 for the Mavs

JJB
JB
MF
DFS
SB

Bradley, huh? 

I think I would've gone with Dampier at the 5. Then again, I feel like I had to argue with a lot of people in this community who thought Haywood was better than TY back in '11, so maybe Chandler should be the choice.
Like Reply
I believe and saw how bad Bradley was thrashed even though he was a very good player...nobody could stop Shaq back then...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-17-2021, 06:04 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think I would've gone with Dampier at the 5. Then again, I feel like I had to argue with a lot of people in this community who thought Haywood was better than TY back in '11, so maybe Chandler should be the choice.

I don't know how we're forgetting Mav greats like Ian Mahinmi and Maurice Ager. CRITCALLY underrated.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
And then, the Mavs play the Suns, at Phoenix, again, on Friday. No problem.
Like Reply
(11-17-2021, 06:10 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Ian Mahinmi

Not underrated, imo, but man did he ever have some good moments for this team at the right time!

Definitely deserves remembrance.
Like Reply
The Janitor is underrated but he did take out Wade as a favor to his best friend...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ClutchDirk's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(11-17-2021, 06:20 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: The Janitor is underrated

Cardinal was DEFINITELY underrated. That, friend, is scientific fact. 

Great catch!
Like Reply
Since we are talking underrated players I would like to throw in a player that if you are less than 40 years old you wonder why he is so honored by the Organization...Brad Davis...

https://youtu.be/EJZ2m-cYRv0
[-] The following 1 user Likes ClutchDirk's post:
  • Dahlsim
Like Reply
I think Jalen will play well as the starter.  The issue will be the non Jalen PG minutes.  Who gets them and who provides that bench spark Jalen has provided all year long.   The team seemed sort of frustrated with Burke and missing tests.   But we don't have many other options.
Like Reply
(11-17-2021, 06:49 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I think Jalen will play well as the starter.  The issue will be the non Jalen PG minutes.  Who gets them and who provides that bench spark Jalen has provided all year long.   The team seemed sort of frustrated with Burke and missing tests.   But we don't have many other options.

My guess is that the plan for non-Brunson minutes will start with Ntilikina and either KP or Boban. We'll see how that works. Burke might be somewhere on the list of fallback options, too, and if he can't step up at times like this, then he truly is a worthless use of a roster spot. But, maybe he can!

I agree - fascinating.
Like Reply
I should change a certain signature to:

This is obtuse^^^^

https://media.giphy.com/media/Af1xn3sUPnfwc/giphy.gif
Like Reply
(11-17-2021, 06:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: My guess is that the plan for non-Brunson minutes will start with Ntilikina and either KP or Boban. We'll see how that works. Burke might be somewhere on the list of fallback options, too, and if he can't step up at times like this, then he truly is a worthless use of a roster spot. But, maybe he can!

I agree - fascinating.

Games like today is why they kept Burke around.    If he doesn't play well the next few games or isn't used, I would cut bait.   I mean you aren't going to get a team to take him, I don't think.   

So if he cannot play in a game like tonight, I would just move on.   

I would expect expanded minutes for Frank tonight but I am not sure if getting the team in sets is a strong point for him.   It wouldn't surprise me to see Sterling Brown take some responsibility.  Breakout game for Brown?  Maybe 3 points for him?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
If you are losing give Green if he is available a shot as a PG...he has good instincts and can pass...
Like Reply
I know this may sound crazy but if I was Kidd I would start Josh Green at Point Guard.
Like Reply
(11-17-2021, 07:15 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: If you are losing give Green if he is available a shot as a PG...he has good instincts and can pass...

He can pass, but does not have the handles.  We don't have a legit PG on this roster after Luka/Brunson.  The biggest of many fails in offseason.
Like Reply
I don't think JG can play pg. Frank isn't a good NBA pg and he's probably light years ahead of Josh
Like Reply
ESPN predictor says Mavs have a 30% chance to win. Would be fun to shock the world
Like Reply
(11-17-2021, 11:38 AM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: GettyImages-1346649799-1024x683.jpg]

Kidd has some man boobs going on
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1461...83557?s=20
Like Reply