Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
KP (-3, 29 pts, 1 blk, 2 stl, 3 ast, 11 rbd)
66.67%
22 66.67%
THJ (+14, 19 pts, 4 ast, 7 rbd)
24.24%
8 24.24%
Luka (+4, 23 pts, 1 blk, 2 stl, 11 ast, 8 rbd)
0%
0 0%
JB (+10, 17 pts, 1 stl, 6 ast, 2 rbd)
3.03%
1 3.03%
RB (+15, 5 pts, 2 ast, 3 rbd)
6.06%
2 6.06%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 13 DIRKIE: Winner KP (67%) | Runner-up THJ (24%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
I thought it was a good team win but will vote for Kris  Tongue
Like Reply
A few thoughts:

1) Loved the chemistry with Luka and KP, especially demonstrated on that back and forth give and go.

2) I loved the decision to close with RB over DFS. 

3) KP is really looking pretty good on both ends.

4) This team doesn't have a coaching problem. They seem to have some growing pains adjusting to the coaching, but coaching is not going to be the weak link for this team.
[-] The following 5 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Jommybone, michaeltex, ReunionMav, sterlingmallory
Like Reply
Well alright then!  Maybe KP's Dirkie last week wasn't such a flash in the pan.  Yes...my Dirkie goes to KP.  Good games by Hardaway and Brunson.
Like Reply
KP was the best player on the court, but my honorary vote goes to Jason Kidd. 

The coaching in the second half was terrific. He made several lineup adjustments going away from the normal 2-big look, and I especially liked that unique JB/THJ/Bullock/DFS/Frank lineup that ran Denver out of the gym. The overall team play even without Luka dominating the ball is really picking up, and we're also starting to see his work with KP pay huge dividends. 

The new system is finally coming together, and I like what I see.
[-] The following 6 users Like Tyler's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, fifteenth, Jommybone, Kammrath, MangaAfterDark, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
https://media.giphy.com/media/USISj9meRq.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I'm giving the Dirkie to the no-big lineup
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
(11-15-2021, 10:28 PM)Tyler Wrote: KP was the best player on the court
For the Mavs. Jokic was by far the best player on the court with Luka not playing like luka.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
Tim was clutch.

Jalen shot 8/12 with 6/1 assists to TOs.

But KP shot well and defended the MVP really well those last 3 minutes. Really impressive outing for the big sniper.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, ClutchDirk, DanSchwartzgan, embellisher
Like Reply
(11-15-2021, 10:27 PM)Kammrath Wrote: A few thoughts:

1) Loved the chemistry with Luka and KP, especially demonstrated on that back and forth give and go.

2) I loved the decision to close with RB over DFS. 

3) KP is really looking pretty good on both ends.

4) This team doesn't have a coaching problem. They seem to have some growing pains adjusting to the coaching, but coaching is not going to be the weak link for this team.

Agreed with this. I really liked some of the lineups we saw. KP/Bullock/THJ/Luka/Brunson was a good closing lineup. Powell being limited to 18 minutes. Brunson getting 36. DFS getting cut back to 24. Bullock getting 30. I liked what I saw.

Also, once Maxi comes back, Sterling Brown and WCS should not see a single minute IMO.
[-] The following 2 users Like sterlingmallory's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Kammrath
Like Reply
KP deserves this one, but great contributions from THJ, Brunson, and the no-big lineup as well. A great team victory, aided by some very good coaching.
Like Reply
Team management and execution deserve it!
Like Reply
Give me KP.
Like Reply
This is the play I was talking about with Luka and KP showing more chemistry than I have EVER seen:

https://twitter.com/LukaBassin/status/14...7356612611
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/...0487641089
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/...6042665989
Like Reply
Has to be KP for me. This was truly the first time I felt since KP got here where he flashed that team carrying ability he showed in NYK before his injury.

That kind of KP transforms this team in a major way.

Honorable mentions to Franky N for fantastic perimeter D in the 3rd/4th, Brunson for his continued consistency, and Timmy for igniting in the 4th off of the energy of the crowd.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I'm shocked DFS isn't getting more love for this one. 

I wouldn't have voted for him, but...those two threes he hit came at times when they were BADLY needed, and neither was the traditional "nobody within three city blocks" level of open. He ran the floor all night in an effective, pressure causing way, he made some good decisions with the ball, played some GREAT D (including a surprisingly effective stretch at the 5, lol) and totally set a tone of toughness when Jeff Green tried to punk the French Prince.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(11-16-2021, 11:54 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm shocked DFS isn't getting more love for this one. 

I wouldn't have voted for him, but...those two threes he hit came at times when they were BADLY needed, and neither was the traditional "nobody within three city blocks" level of open. He ran the floor all night in an effective, pressure causing way, he made some good decisions with the ball, played some GREAT D (including a surprisingly effective stretch at the 5, lol) and totally set a tone of toughness when Jeff Green tried to punk the French Prince.

Was excited to see the DFS at the 5 lineup!

As far as DFS getting love, that comes primarily from about 3 of us, I think.
Like Reply
(11-16-2021, 12:05 PM)fifteenth Wrote: As far as DFS getting love, that comes primarily from about 3 of us, I think.

He's such an underrated player, imo, but I don't get why. It's not like his impact is hidden and only discoverable through stats. You can SEE (basically constantly) that he sets the tone of hustle and physicality, goes hardest for 50/50 balls, etc, even when he's not shooting well (which I admit is a drag, sometimes). 

2-3 straight years now of him starting the season in a shooting slump. I can't explain that, but I feel confident he'll be back around 40% when the dust clears. He's already showing signs of getting back into rhythm. This is just how his seasons start, for whatever reason.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply