Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened to Kamm and Dan?
What happened to Kam and Dan S?   Haven't seen them around lately.
Like Reply
(03-03-2023, 03:08 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: What happened to Kam and Dan S?   Haven't seen them around lately.

From my perspective, it seemed Kamm quit posting following the Kyrie trade. Dan S stopped posting because he was sick of the Christian Wood talk on here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
No clue. I think they are both just taking breaks or maybe some real life stuff got in the way?

Hope they are both doing well and can come back whenever they can.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply
They both seem to disappear intermittently over the years. I've noticed Kamm frequently disappears at some point during the season only to reappear in the offseason when the talk is back to draft and potential free agent signings/trades. I think Dan prefers the offseason too though his pattern is less predictable
Like Reply
Just swinging by to respond this thread.

I am stepping away from the board for a couple reasons.

1) I was tired of all the work I was putting into trying to organize and bring content to this board and as a result being the target of toxic internet narcissists. 

2) I realized that I no longer liked the Mavs. I dislike the owner. I think the coach is probably the worst in the whole NBA. I think the management is completely inept. And my love for Luka has turned into annoyance at his immaturity, selfishness, laziness, and lack of self-awareness of what he is squandering. There was nothing left to cheer for. 

I miss you guys, but it is frankly largely outweighed by not having to deal with toxic internet people, getting to spend more time with my family, and finding joy in other things much more grounded and wholesome (i.e. not on the internet or on a TV).  

Peace and love to you all!
[-] The following 7 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, F Gump, MFFL, SleepingHero, ThisIStheYear, WildArkieBoy
Like Reply
(03-11-2023, 09:28 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Just swinging by to respond this thread.

1) I was tired of all the work I was putting into trying to organize and bring content to this board and as a result being the target of toxic internet narcissists. 

2) I realized that I no longer liked the Mavs. I dislike the owner. I think the coach is probably the worst in the whole NBA. I think the management is completely inept. And my love for Luka has turned into annoyance at his immaturity, selfishness, laziness, and lack of self-awareness of what he is squandering. There was nothing left to cheer for. 

I miss you guys, but it is frankly largely outweighed by not having to deal with toxic internet people, getting to spend more time with my family, and finding joy in other things much more grounded and wholesome (i.e. not on the internet or on a TV).  

Well...I get it.  Unfortunately, there are some very toxic people in this crazy world.  I have noticed there are way fewer people active on here than before ( this board is mostly dead now) most is probably due to the Mavs having a rather shitty season, but some are probably due to you and Dan not being active on here anymore. People read your posts (at least I did) because they were informative and made sense. I know some people may have disagreed with you on certain things that I've read, and that's fine.  Dan talked like he should be in an NBA front office. Very knowledgeable. If it gets to the point that doing something you like isn't fun anymore, you have to change course. Life is too short to deal with BS all the time, as well as the consumption of time it took.   I just want to thank you both of you for your contributions, and good luck in your future endeavors.
Like Reply

Sorry to hear all this.  Well...actually I'm not.  I'm not real happy with the Mavs organization right now either.  However...I am sorry to hear that you are taking a break.  We (our forum) are greater by discussions, comments, and--sometimes--controversy.  I enjoyed reading most of your stuff.  I didn't agree with all of it, but I gave it thoughtful consideration.

The same goes for Dan.  I hope each of you will soon reconsider leaving and come back.  If you don't--well that's ok...I guess.  Do what's best for yourself.

Thanks for everything you've done and all your comments.  Remember...you don't have to come back as a moderator.  I know how much trouble that is.
Like Reply

Well said. I think there are many of us who feel very much like you do. Kudos to you for looking for better things to prioritize in your life, and choosing accordingly. Life is too short.
Like Reply

The puzzling thing to me is the impression that certain forum members, including the two recently departed, seem to actually put more thought into the draft, free agency, as well as skillful use of assets and game management than current Mavs ownership and management.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WildArkieBoy's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply