Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steph Curry: broken hand
In loss to Suns. I think our playoff chances just went up. Can't imagine the Warriors aren't about the fire up the old tank now.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/steph...continues/
Like Reply
I am sorry for Curry, good guy, hopefully he returns soon and as good.

As for our playoff chances, we would already pass the dysfunctional gsw team. Their roster engineering is one of the worst I have seen in a long time. Allocating almost all the salary cap to three players (all guard rotation) can't get you good things on the court.
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
D'Lo maxed by them was one of the dumbest front office decisions I have seen. 

Glad to see them fall hard. Good for the NBA.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/stat...1659516928
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 07:00 AM)Kammrath Wrote: D'Lo maxed by them was one of the dumbest front office decisions I have seen. 

In a short term yes, in a long term it is yet to be seen. Russell will be traded. And he should have huge stats now that Steph is gone. Convert Russell to RoCo, Okogie and a first round pick and they might look much more dangerous next season.
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 07:54 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/stat...1659516928
https://twitter.com/tankathon/status/118...1831371777
Like Reply
Mavs got the best Curry brother in the NBA this year!!!
Like Reply
That sucks for Steph. He genuinely seems like one of the nicest players in the league and a outstanding player on top of that. I agree with others about them going full tank now. Their season is lost.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/WhistleSports/status...1001154560
Like Reply
I'm from Cleveland and had to deal with the Warriors stomping the Cavs for years (Mavs have always been my favorite team but Cavs are my home team). I'm glad their dynasty is over, its about time. With that being said, its never good to see someone get hurt. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Hopefully he has a successful recovery. 

It is nice to have GSW potentially drop out of the playoff running this year (I think they'll be back next year). Entering the season, I had GSW as a 4-6 seed. I'm a little bit of an optimist and love this Mavs team. Our biggest problem to me was getting consistent production from the starting line up. The bench has usually kept us competitive in most games in the past few years. Now, I think we have a top 5 bench in the league while we have more reliable starters (even though Rick tinkers to start the season). I do think we'll come across issues since we're such a young team. I had hopes of us grabbing the 5th seed going into the season, and Steph getting injured solidifies my hopes a bit.
Like Reply
Definitely big news. Things are happening fast in the NBA. We can only hope the injury bug mostly bypasses us this year. We are young so that helps.

Who knows what Steph is thinking but it occurs to me he might come around to thinking that this is a relief for him. Sit out with Klay, get some badly needed rest and avoid the incredible pain of the losses they were going to take anyway. 

As for next year, they are back in the hope zone like the rest of us. The way they took advantage of the salary cap increase hopefully will never happen again. It was very bad for the NBA in my opinion and I am glad it is over.

Thanks Clutch for the Kevin Durant interview. It is hard to question what Durant said. It is interesting to hear his opinion.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 10:22 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote: Definitely big news. Things are happening fast in the NBA. We can only hope the injury bug mostly bypasses us this year. We are young so that helps.

Who knows what Steph is thinking but it occurs to me he might come around to thinking that this is a relief for him. Sit out with Klay, get some badly needed rest and avoid the incredible pain of the losses they were going to take anyway. 

As for next year, they are back in the hope zone like the rest of us. The way they took advantage of the salary cap increase hopefully will never happen again. It was very bad for the NBA in my opinion and I am glad it is over.

Thanks Clutch for the Kevin Durant interview. It is hard to question what Durant said. It is interesting to hear his opinion.

Wouldn't at all be surprised to see the Warriors pull a full 1996-1997 Spurs tank.
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 01:10 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 10:22 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote: Definitely big news. Things are happening fast in the NBA. We can only hope the injury bug mostly bypasses us this year. We are young so that helps.

Wouldn't at all be surprised to see the Warriors pull a full 1996-1997 Spurs tank.

At this point it's probably their best move, the Steph injury and their start gives them the perfect excuse to pack it in early. A broken hand shouldn't keep him out for the entire season but in this case I don't see a reason to bring him back this year. Now it's going to be all about showcasing Russell and figuring out whether they want to trade him or keep him, and losing many games in the process
Like Reply
Blessing in disguise for GS.  They were going to struggle to make the playoffs anyways, now they get to keep their pick and develop/showcase some younger players and then reload for next year with 2 well rested splash brothers.  Draymond will probably enjoy the chance to be the alpha for a while even if they lose 60 games.
Like Reply
Sucks to see a great player go down with injury.

This does have a direct effect on us though as we own the 2020 2nd round pick from GS.

If the Warriors stink it up we might get a pick in the 30s from them.
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 03:36 PM)JamesConway Wrote: This does have a direct effect on us though as we own the 2020 2nd round pick from GS.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 07:00 AM)Kammrath Wrote: D'Lo maxed by them was one of the dumbest front office decisions I have seen. 

They had no cap space anyway and they're printing money over there.  I don't like Dlo but in no universe is getting Dlo vs not getting anything "one of the dumbest front office decisions."
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 03:36 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Sucks to see a great player go down with injury.

This does have a direct effect on us though as we own the 2020 2nd round pick from GS.

If the Warriors stink it up we might get a pick in the 30s from them.

Which is great because it is not lottery dependent. Rolleyes

(10-31-2019, 04:42 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:

They had no cap space anyway and they're printing money over there.  I don't like Dlo but in no universe is getting Dlo vs not getting anything "one of the dumbest front office decisions."

It's not dumb at all in the sense of his value. It just fucked them by making them hardcapped.

Obviously it is nice to add a young rising player even if the fit is fishy. At least you can flip him in a worst case scenario. DLo should get plenty of chances now since he is the only capable offense left for them.
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 07:58 AM)omahen Wrote:

In a short term yes, in a long term it is yet to be seen. Russell will be traded. And he should have huge stats now that Steph is gone. Convert Russell to RoCo, Okogie and a first round pick and they might look much more dangerous next season.

It's not even a close call. Because the Warriors were way over the cap already, the ONLY way for them to preserve ANY ability to spend was to do exactly what they did.

Even if the best they can do is to flip DLo for THJ and CLee, that would still be better than the alternative—which was nothing but merry minimums.
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 04:37 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 03:36 PM)JamesConway Wrote: This does have a direct effect on us though as we own the 2020 2nd round pick from GS.

[Image: giphy.gif]
More effect on the Nets. The pick GS sent them was top 20 protected, which is all of a sudden looking a bit precarious right now, but if we actually hit on that pick...
Like Reply