Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting 10 game sets this year
Coach Dick Mott’s taught us to watch for team consistency by observing over 10 game sets. Consistent 6-4 records put 50 win seasons in play. Well this year we have 29 wins after 50 games which is only one game behind a 6-4 average win pace. 

However it is very interesting how we got here. We have gone:
7-3
4-6
4-6
7-3
7-3
It is like the golfer who starts with 3 birdies and two double bogeys. If we put together 3 more 7-3 sets we would be at 50 wins with 2 games left. Pretty good for a team that was 15-15 after 30….if I remember correctly.
[-] The following 5 users Like ReunionMav's post:
  • ballsrchr, DanSchwartzgan, fifteenth, KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(01-30-2022, 12:53 AM)ReunionMav Wrote: Coach Dick Mott’s taught us to watch for team consistency by observing over 10 game sets. Consistent 6-4 records put 50 win seasons in play. Well this year we have 29 wins after 50 games which is only one game behind a 6-4 average win pace. 

However it is very interesting how we got here. We have gone:
7-3
4-6
4-6
7-3
7-3
It is like the golfer who starts with 3 birdies and two double bogeys. If we put together 3 more 7-3 sets we would be at 50 wins with 2 games left. Pretty good for a team that was 15-15 after 30….if I remember correctly.

I like the 7-3 sets a hell of a lot better than the 4-6 sets...
[-] The following 2 users Like ballsrchr's post:
  • KillerLeft, ReunionMav
Like Reply
That is for sure. Those 20 games or so seemed even worse than they were thanks to Brunson and DFS.
Like Reply
(01-30-2022, 12:53 AM)ReunionMav Wrote: However it is very interesting how we got here. We have gone:
7-3
4-6
4-6
7-3
7-3

This is very interesting, and to me, this points to the idea that this is a pretty damn good team. I hope they're scouring the league for trades that improve the team, but I don't know that some of the risky bigger moves we discuss around here are actually all that warranted.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick, fifteenth, ReunionMav
Like Reply
I so agree! We used to talk much more about having only 2-3 legitimate starters. With so much improvement from within and Jason Kidd also having success we look much better with the starters and the bench. The Clippers were such a bad match up for us. Only Phoenix looks like that level of bad matchup this year. It would be great though unlikely to catch Memphis and pass Utah for that 3 seed to avoid Phoenix till the WCF.
Like Reply
Seven 10 game sets in the books. This last one was our best at 8-2. It was also perhaps our most impressive and most exciting. We are making a really good playoff seed push. 

Frustratingly, Utah allowed us to catch up but since we did they are matching us win for win. Denver is also playing very well staying very close. At this rate the last 2 game close may really matter. Resting guys might mean losing a seed for the playoffs. 

Our 6th 10 game set ended 6-4. Just like in the 7th we lost the 10th game with a tough road loss to a good team (Utah). That set started with 2 bad losses to teams with bad records who played really well that night. The loss against OKC was Luka the other kind of goat night when he allowed his man to get open for the winning lay up. I called it a hard lesson learned investment in Luka wisdom.
Like Reply
Our last 4 10 game sets combined we are 28-12. That is a 57 win pace which has almost always been a top 3 seed.
[-] The following 3 users Like ReunionMav's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Kammrath, KillerLeft
Like Reply