Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.0 pt RAPTOR & 3.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
53.85%
7 53.85%
Nuggets
46.15%
6 46.15%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 5: DAL (3-2) @ DEN (3-2) | 75-106 loss
(10-30-2021, 12:17 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I think this is much closer to what he should look like:

[Image: bc496c2a6b244e6cab087b214b2eacae.jpg?w=2...440&crop=1]

He has been great and even at times outstanding at defense, you don't become better on defense when you get out of shape, you always become worse. That is not the case with Luka, his defense has become better, yet another evidence he is in better shape now. That's one of the reasons the defense overall has improved. Lukas stamina is way better than before, this could not be more clear to me. He now doesn't take plays off on defense or offense and grasping for air. If we go back in time (to your picture above) and remember how many plays he would take off on defense, just because his stamina could not deal with the pace of the NBA. There were many times, in start of seasons and even later on, where he just couldn't run back on defense due to stamina issues.

Stamina, much improved. Strength, much improved as well compared to that image above, he is and looks a lot stronger now.

His shooting is way off and this is one reason for the less than usual output. Its one of reasons we as a team dont play our best. But the whole teams shoots bad, I wonder if this is coincidence or a coaching thing. The scheme is completely off. Compared to Brunson, that attacks and shoots and doesnt pass that much, Luka is trying to find the teammates constantly instead of attacking all the time, yet the angles and lanes are all wrong at this moment and it is clear watching the offense that the scheme, plays and movements are the issue.

We have seen moments where Luka simply got enough - to hell with this new scheme, I will play the "old way". That was third quarter in Houston or Toronto games, if i rememeber well, he completely took over the game then.

This is just Luka trying to fit his game within this new scheme and things are not working at all now. Its not only Luka but also rest of the team that has difficulty adjusting. We will see down the road if Luka is off, or of its the system. I believe we will get more clear picture for that later in the season. No doubt in my mind that Luka is a stronger, more fit, and more mature player this start of season. He is really struggling with his shooting at the moment like rest of the team. Based on that shooting, he is not playing well. He seems to be trying to make the new offense work but he also has moments where he forces things when that is not working out well and loosk frustrated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 5: DAL (3-2) @ DEN (3-2) | 75-106 loss - by burekemde - 10-30-2021, 07:49 AM