Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.0 pt RAPTOR & 3.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
53.85%
7 53.85%
Nuggets
46.15%
6 46.15%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 5: DAL (3-2) @ DEN (3-2) | 75-106 loss
Luka is 5-18 in 26 mins, -32. He doesn't even look like an average NBA player, much less a superstar. What the hell.
Like Reply
What an incredibly bad game by DFS. Ugh.
Like Reply
The Nuggets have like 5-6 players who can attack off the dribble and score. The Mavs barely have 1-2. Even in garbage time, the entire roster looks scared to do anything because they're all just system players designed to stand around and shoot the three. This is just a horrible roster that relies on Luka to be an MVP-level every season. If he's merely at an All-Star level then the team won't be very good this year
Like Reply
I mean...I know back to back, Denver, Coach tinkering to try to raise the playoff ceiling...but, yuck!
Like Reply
I know its total speculation, but at times it has felt like Luka has been playing with a hangover this year.
Like Reply
(10-29-2021, 10:59 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I mean...I know back to back, Denver, Coach tinkering to try to raise the playoff ceiling...but, yuck!

This is way "yuckier" than a back to back in DEN.
Like Reply
(10-29-2021, 10:59 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I know its total speculation, but at times it has felt like Luka has been playing with a hangover this year.
Playing in high-altitude can have a similar effect to inebriation, no?
Like Reply
I knew a blowout was coming as soon as they interviewed Kidd and he was talking about the great defense and how they’re just missing open shots, yada, yada, yada. This team is borderline unwatchable this season.  Do they even have an offensive system?  Unbelievable.  Whatever this crap is it’s not a system that’s Luka friendly. He plays like he’s swimming upstream.
Like Reply
Can we fire Jason Kidd and tank the season please.

Thanks.
Like Reply
(10-29-2021, 11:03 PM)Branduil Wrote: Playing in high-altitude can have a similar effect to inebriation, no?

Does playing in ATL have the same effect? Or the first half in SAS? Because those are the times when I sensed it the most.
Like Reply
(10-29-2021, 10:58 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: The Nuggets have like 5-6 players who can attack off the dribble and score. The Mavs barely have 1-2. Even in garbage time, the entire roster looks scared to do anything because they're all just system players designed to stand around and shoot the three. This is just a horrible roster that relies on Luka to be an MVP-level every season. If he's merely at an All-Star level then the team won't be very good this year
The second Luka doesn’t play like his usual all nba self everything just implodes. There is absolutely no margin of error for him with the little talent around him.
Like Reply
(10-29-2021, 11:10 PM)JamesConway Wrote: The second Luka doesn’t play like his usual all nba self everything just implodes. There is absolutely no margin of error for him with the little talent around him.
'
The team has actually been really good in 5 games when Luka has been firmly planted on the bench.
Like Reply
*Insert NY Knicks Bing Bong Meme*
Like Reply
(10-29-2021, 11:11 PM)Kammrath Wrote: '
The team has actually been really good in 5 games when Luka has been firmly planted on the bench.
The bench has been good against other bench units. 

Let Luka sit for a game and watch Kleber/Brunson battle the likes of Trae & Collins. Good luck with that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesConway's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
Luka certainly has not played up to his standards but that’s an issue that will sort itself out sooner than later. His track record speaks volumes.

But this sorry supporting cast has not gotten any better over the last years and that’s the source of this whole mess.
Like Reply
(10-29-2021, 11:18 PM)JamesConway Wrote: The bench has been good against other bench units. 

Let Luka sit for a game and watch Kleber/Brunson battle the likes of Trae & Collins. Good luck with that.

I am not saying the Mavs don't need more talent....but the talent they DO have has played much better without Luka this season than with. Luka has been bad this year, especially in ATL, in the first half SAS, and all night against DEN.
Like Reply
Does Jason Kidd make it to the end of the season? Nico has his work cut out for him.
Like Reply
[Image: 5scxsg.jpg]

Overreaction time (or maybe I just waited for an opportunity to post a boombox meme)
Like Reply
(10-29-2021, 11:21 PM)JamesConway Wrote: But this sorry supporting cast has not gotten any better over the last years and that’s the source of this whole mess.

I would say there are two major issues with this team:

1) KP not turning out the way we thought and being only an injury-prone average NBA player on a max salary so far.

2) Luka not keeping himself in NBA level shape and physical conditioning. 

If those two things were different, the rest of the roster would feel WAY different.
Like Reply
Kings are going to beat us down.
Like Reply