Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The FACTUAL UNDISPUTABLE Best Big Man on the Roster
Maxi is useful at times,  but he’s not really a good player.  He’s a #8 or 9 in a rotation. Powell is a huge disappointment. I was so wrong about him. He’s no better than G league when the pressure is on. I think he needs to go out of the rotation. I’d rather play Boban for 8 minutes. Bigs take time to develop, so it’s going to have to be a free agent target if the Mavs want to improve this off-season.
Like Reply
(05-20-2022, 10:40 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Maxi is useful at times,  but he’s not really a good player.  He’s a #8 or 9 in a rotation. Powell is a huge disappointment. I was so wrong about him. He’s no better than G league when the pressure is on. I think he needs to go out of the rotation. I’d rather play Boban for 8 minutes. Bigs take time to develop, so it’s going to have to be a free agent target if the Mavs want to improve this off-season.

The good thing is that the most immediate path to improvement is clear: improve the big man rotation. 

Maxi is great in flashes, but generally speaking very average overall. DP was good for stretches this year, but has been terrible in the playoffs. Both guys should be relatively easy to upgrade.
Like Reply
I don't think Maxi will be easy to upgrade at all as a bench player. Powell is completely unplayable and there dozens of guys better than him in this league.
[-] The following 2 users Like Branduil's post:
  • BasketballJones41, Benskix2
Like Reply
(05-19-2022, 06:37 PM)MrGoat Wrote: We need to get more rim protection help for Maxi. The uncomfortable truth is our defense regressed post KP and our defense right now isn't as good as we'd like to think.

KP played his last game for us on January 29th. At the time our defense ranked 5th in the league with a team defensive rating of 106.8. 

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced...DEF_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&DateFrom=10%2F1%2F2021&DateTo=1%2F29%2F2022

In the remaining 32 games the team posted a defensive rating of 112.6.

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced...DEF_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&DateFrom=1%2F30%2F2022&DateTo=5%2F1%2F2022

In the playoffs so far we are posting a defensive rating of 110.9, good for 7th place out of 16, but also the worst mark of the four remaining teams.

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced...DEF_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Playoffs

No argument from me that we need to upgrade the center position in the offseason

Didn't take long for this post to age well. Allowing Looney to put up a career high on us is a new low for our rim protection. I assume we are now all in agreement that the number one offseason priority is to find an upgrade for our rim protection
Like Reply
(05-20-2022, 11:50 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Didn't take long for this post to age well. Allowing Looney to put up a career high on us is a new low for our rim protection. I assume we are now all in agreement that the number one offseason priority is to find an upgrade for our rim protection
Nope, we just need Kidd to realize DFS and Luka are C’s in this league.
Like Reply