Poll: Who will win the game (DEN 5.0 pt fav)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nuggets
60.53%
23 60.53%
Mavericks
39.47%
15 39.47%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GAME 4: DAL (3-1) @ DEN (3-1) | 109-106 win
-Mavs have two top ten scorers, which is better than my expectations considering many of the guys they lead.  

-Looking at Malcom Brogdon's start this year, he may have been the best move for that 3rd guy.  

-Mavs will win this one.
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 06:29 AM)Hypermav Wrote: Looking at Malcom Brogdon's start this year, he may have been the best move for that 3rd guy.  

I tried. I desperately tried to tell y'all. Smile
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 06:29 AM)Hypermav Wrote: -Looking at Malcom Brogdon's start this year, he may have been the best move for that 3rd guy. 

Well, there is also Bogdanovic from Utah. I still stand by my claim that he would be a perfect number 3 guy for this team.
Like Reply
Not Bogdanovic from Sacramento?
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 06:29 AM)Hypermav Wrote: -Mavs have two top ten scorers, which is better than my expectations considering many of the guys they lead.  

-Looking at Malcom Brogdon's start this year, he may have been the best move for that 3rd guy.  

-Mavs will win this one.
Agree on all points. 

Should be an amazing game to watch.

(10-29-2019, 06:39 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 06:29 AM)Hypermav Wrote: Looking at Malcom Brogdon's start this year, he may have been the best move for that 3rd guy.  

Thinking back on a whole lotta typing .....  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 08:42 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Not Bogdanovic from Sacramento?

Utah one is much better at this point. Very efficient, very good shooter, decent on defensive end. 

Sacramento one is a bit younger, but his excellent euro game hasn't really translated to NBA yet.
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 09:45 AM)omahen Wrote:

Utah one is much better at this point. Very efficient, very good shooter, decent on defensive end. 

Sacramento one is a bit younger, but his excellent euro game hasn't really translated to NBA yet.
No doubt he would look great here. That move by Utah, securing him, happened so quickly I think it took alot of us by surprise.
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 09:49 AM)jdb152 Wrote: No doubt he would look great here. That move by Utah, securing him, happened so quickly I think it took alot of us by surprise.

Yeah, I think it was a great win now move by Utah, even with the contract they gave him. I think his game will age well and he will remain productive even at 33-34 year old (final year of his contract). He was also extremely durable up to now. Didin't really see Utah play yet, but noticed some very bad stats for Conley. Once he starts playing as his usual self they should be very dangerous. 

P.S.: if they come to an idea that Conley is not working for them, I am sure THJ and Lee would be glad to go to Utah and take his place :-)
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 09:49 AM)jdb152 Wrote:

No doubt he would look great here. That move by Utah, securing him, happened so quickly I think it took alot of us by surprise.

Yeah the rules will be drastically different going forward 
This past summer for the first time agents and teams had the legal opportunity to talk and schedule meetings before free agency officially started. They weren't supposed to discuss actual contracts and money details but they clearly did 
Sucks they couldn't just keep their dicks in their pants and follow the rules though 
Setting up meetings in the days before makes perfect sense and let's teams further on the outside with no shot move on to different targets in a timely manner
Like Reply

https://www.inquisitr.com/5716989/bogdan...gs-rumors/
Like Reply
I think this Bogdanovic might also work as a number three guy, but I have some concerns. It might be he needs ball a lot to be really efficient. At the world cup he played a role similar to what Luka is playing for Dallas. I doubt a couple of second rounders would be enough for Sacramento, as they control his future. When we start talking the terms of Kleber for Bogdanovic, I am not enthusiastic anymore. How about a Serb for a Serb - Bobi for Bogey? They can also have the second rounders. Who says no? :-) 

Sacramento did a "marvellous" job of locking themselves to a core that will need a lot of internal development to become play-off eligible, let alone a contender. That Barnes extension was a big mistake imho, as every other youngster on their team wants a contract similar or larger than that. Based on what Barnes and later Buddy got, they can only expect Fox to demand max and Bagley at least the Barnes level of money. 

https://www.inquisitr.com/5712211/knicks...ogdanovic/
Like Reply

I would love Bogi from SAC, and now that they gave Hield all that dough, and he's voiced concerns about his role, I think he's actually gettable.

I'm just afraid that SAC's asking price would be too high.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Things to watch:
  • Starting unit: I hope we roll out the same five as last time. Could see some Dodo thought because of matchups.
  • Luka better shot selection.
  • Who guards Jokic? Maxi and KP both are not ideal and should get bullied plenty.
  • Denver has been awful in first quarters. Hopefully we can jump to an early lead and maintain is a little bit better this time.
  • Mavs are deep, Denver as well. Battle of the benches is going to get interesting.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
The line at Vegas continues to move in favor of the Mavs. Down to 5.5 points.
Like Reply
Denver is going to be a tough out, especially on their home court. For a change, though THEY are the ones dealing with B2B issues of travel (East!) and short nights. If DEN doesn't run away and hide early, then I think DAL has a chance.

We all know there will be disappointment games where the Mavs should win, but choke for whatever reason. I think this one could be whatever is the opposite (satisfaction? elation?) occurs.

I think KP is long enough to bother Jokic when he plays point-center and maybe disrupt their upside down offensive sets. That leaves Maxi to deal with Millsap though, and he can be a handful.

I like the depth we are using in the bench. I think everyone but Bobi and JJ played on Sunday. With the altitude, even a few minutes from those guys could help keep everyone fresher for the end of the game.
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 06:39 AM)Kammrath Wrote:

I think I had about 500 posts wanting Brogdon. 

Mak: “not enough volume”
Dlord: “only gonna cost $14 million” still don’t really want him

Its early and Indiana is losing but he looks like the perfect third guy. Averaging 11 assists per game and shooting 44% from three. And he’d be a great influence on Luka and KP. 

SIGH
Like Reply
Y'all realize the Pacers gave up a first and two second round picks to get Brogdon right?
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 01:07 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Y'all realize the Pacers gave up a first and two second round picks to get Brogdon right?
I was thinking IND isn't going to just dump Brogdon because they aren't doing well.
Like Reply
Not that it will happen but we need a wing player like Otto Porter or RoCo to round out the roster.

We are good on "Smalls" - Wright, Curry, Brunson, JJB (if needed).
We are good on "Bigs" - KP, Maxi, Dwight, Boban (if needed).

Luka is our only good medium sized player. DFS, Jackson, and THJ just aren't good enough IMO. I thought THJ may be able to be a good role player under Rick, but his play is killing the team. Maybe Jackson will improve enough, but there is a good chance he will not. DFS is just DFS.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
The missus and I always try to catch the Mavs when they play the Nuggets in Denver.  Tonite's game will be bitter sweet for us as this will be our first live game since Dirk's retirement.  However we are really excited to see the tripple Dirks in action  Big Grin
Like Reply