Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bible Study 2: Genesis 2 (10/28-11/03)
(11-05-2019, 12:15 AM)balldontliez Wrote: this is the kind of well thought informative reply ive come to expect from you. i love knowing what people believe and why. 

what is really fascinating to me is that someone as smart as you can have no doubt god exists, without any evidence besides an old book. people thousands or just hundreds of years couldnt look at stuff under a microscope, they couldnt see inside the human body. so its understandable they believed these things to try and explain the world. and it couldnt be disproven as easily as today. 

but now, we know a lot of stuff in the bible isnt possible. theres no raising from the dead or immaculate conception from a god to a virgin (which is rapey anyway).

if the bible is true, this god seems like a raging murderous jealous trolling maniac who moonlights as a deadbeat dad. i would not wish to worship this god out of fear or any other reason. 

the bible contains some nice writing and jesus was highly quotable like delonte west. even if his suggestions werent always practical, like turning your cheek to let your attacker hit your other side.

thanks for the compliment, and thanks for your thoughts

I wouldn't say that I believe "without any evidence besides an old book", but the book is amazingly awesome. Regarding your thoughts about what the Bible says about who God is, I've hear those things in the public discourse, but they don't fit the actual story of the Bible.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bible Study 2: Genesis 2 (10/28-11/03) - by fifteenth - 11-06-2019, 02:27 PM