Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bible Study 2: Genesis 2 (10/28-11/03)
(11-05-2019, 12:15 AM)balldontliez Wrote: if the bible is true, this god seems like a raging murderous jealous trolling maniac who moonlights as a deadbeat dad. i would not wish to worship this god out of fear or any other reason. 

the bible contains some nice writing and jesus was highly quotable like delonte west. even if his suggestions werent always practical, like turning your cheek to let your attacker hit your other side.

To the first point:

I would argue only a misreading of the "Bible" leads to the conclusion of a "raging murderous jealous trolling maniac"....I would be happy to talk through ANY text where you get this impression and show you otherwise by looking at the arc of the story.

To the second point:

Yes, Jesus was NOT "practical." He was suggesting a way of life based on faith in the Creator Father. Jesus's Way is completely non-sensical if there is no Creator Father who is provider, protector, judge, vindicator, and bringer of justice. Jesus did NOT believe in "non-violence" like Gandhi did, as a political means to accomplish goals. Jesus believed in "non-violence" as an extension of his belief in the sacredness of life and the justice of his Father. Completely different notions of "non-violence."
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bible Study 2: Genesis 2 (10/28-11/03) - by Kammrath - 11-06-2019, 02:12 PM