Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
I have mellowed down on Holmes.

I can honestly say, DP might be the better big when it comes to pick and roll plays. DP is quick on his feet, knows exactly when to go at it, and he has great hands, just a very good target for a lob.

But I'm NOT going to say Holmes is a marginal upgrade over DP. There are quite a few things Holmes has over DP. Number one on the list is rebounding. Holmes isn't a great rebounder, but DP's rebounding is just the worst. Both Holmes and DP are energy guys and blue collar players, but Holmes physique enables him to do more on both sides of the floor. I'm sure DP is tenacious, but it just doesn't show as much as Holmes who has the strength to move bodies out of his way. Holmes is almost Maxi-like in the perimeter. He is no more a liability than most of the bigs in the league. Holmes too can block shots, not at a very high rate, but Holmes protects the rim better than DP. Holmes like DP isn't someone you want to throw the ball to and ask to score off the dribble or the post. But Holmes is miles away the better player at this end. He can score as opposed to DP who couldn't. Holmes moves are simple and yet effective, while DP mostly scores from lobs or left open for a jumper.

Now here's the thing with DP and Holmes when it comes to offense. DP might be the better roller. But probably the reason why Holmes doesn't roll as much is because of that push shot, which is pretty good. Is that detrimental to a potential pick and roll with Luka? Not sure it is. Fans might be disappointed he isn't rolling as much if he gets to be a Mav. Fans will be expecting dunks not mid range floaters.

I still think Luka can make Holmes better than he is. Holmes doesn't have a Luka on his team to show how good he can be.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL Feb 10, 2pm | "big names available" | "lot of movement" - by Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 02-10-2022, 07:16 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM