Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(02-07-2022, 10:21 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: All I'm saying is there are going to be nights when Bullock can't hit anything. Same with DFS. On those nights we had THJ to maybe hopefully catch fire. Now the next guy up is Green/Franky. I don't think those are reliable 3rd options. 

That's why a guy like Hield would do wonders here. I'll never stop saying he's a better shooter than Seth and we saw the gravity that Seth had when playing next to Luka. Having 2 elite 3pt shooters on the court makes this team incredibly lethal.

We also have to take into account minute allocation. Since Timmy went down DFS is averaging 37mpg. Bullock 33. I'm actually fine with Bullock getting the extra minutes but DFS is getting a few too many for February imo.  Hield also solves that.
Still don’t agree. Collins health reliability more than makes up for KP’s scoring. JB has stepped up his scoring. We would get more reliable scoring from the Powell spot with Holmes getting more minutes there. We might not have to lose Maxi (I think Green is a bit more of a sweetener in this trade than Maxi is), which helps 3 scoring from the bench along with Bullock. The 8 man playoff rotation would look like this:

Ball handlers: JB/Luka/(hopefully) Dragic (if not then we rely on the 2, or pick someone up with the TPE)
Wings: DFS/Bullock
Big wings: Collins/Maxi
Big: Holmes

Collins isn’t afraid to put the ball on the floor, so there is at least some crossover with him being a ball handler and big wing. Luka also fits in the wing/big wing descriptions in some lineups. Biggest issue is finding the right guy fir that 3rd ball handler spot. Ntilikina might be able to be that guy, but he has had so little burn this year, I’m not sure Kidd would do that as opposed to adding someone like Sterling or Green (or…gulp…Burke) in that spot.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL Feb 10, 2pm |Stein: Collins not likely to be moved - by ItsGoTime - 02-07-2022, 10:54 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM