Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
Hardwood Knocks did a trade idea show yesterday.  They went two directions with Dallas.  

The first involved salary dumps for THJ (to provide room to retain Brunson and DFS).  One sent him to OKC along with Green/Future First for K Williams and M. Muscala.  The other sent THJ and similar assets to Orlando for G. Harris (expiring) and T. Ross.  One benefit would be Dallas would have a large expiring to flip this week (something that has proved important in the LeVert and N. Powell deals).   

The other direction was Brunson/Powell/Second for Smart and Bruno Fernando.

I'm not a fan of either.  I'm not sure how Cuban can look Luka in the eye and say he needed to pay Green and tie up firsts for the rest of the decade in a financial deal.  It is interesting that guys on a national level think this might be necessary.  Sad commentary on how we are viewed.  Ironically, Powell is the no-go for me in the proposed Smart deal.  First, you have to acknowledge (because people freak if you don't), that any JB deal is based on knowledge that he wants to leave.  But, as I look at the last month of games, Dallas has beaten the following teams with KP sitting:  DEN, GSW, CHI, MEM, PHI and ATL.  Powell started all of those games and was +15, +6, +16, +18, +9 and +3.  

Wait...what?  I thought Powell sucked.  Those numbers are stunning.  I'm not saying Powell won those games for us.  That honor belongs to our stars.  I am saying those games look very different without him and you don't make him a throw-in for salary matching purposes on a team where KP is your starting C.
[-] The following 7 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • ballsrchr, Kammrath, KillerLeft, mvossman, Paul Gasol, StrandedOnBeauboisHill, Tyler
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL Feb 10, 2pm |Stein: Collins not likely to be moved - by DanSchwartzgan - 02-07-2022, 07:34 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM