Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(02-05-2022, 11:25 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I think he's saying he would do it.  But, that isn't the question.  The question is what do you have to add to beat out 15 other bidders.

Again, all speculation and all wildly wrong, but...

If I'm Utah and I've decided to move on from Gobert out of chemistry-based necessity, and not because I want to, I'm looking to fit someone right into the hole he'd create. To me, KP is one of the few plausibly available players who could do that - maybe the only one, now that Turner is down with that injury. I might require a little bit of a sweetener (more on the Green level, less on the DFS/Brunson level, I hope) but KP is looking pretty good to me, I think. That team might even benefit from what passes for offensive creation in KP's case. 

Honestly, I don't think it's crazy. But, maybe I'M crazy.

(02-05-2022, 11:26 AM)omahen Wrote: I am really not a Gobert fan, so very difficult question for me, trying to be objective. At this moment, Gobert clearly has more value than KP. On the other hand I think investing so much money into a non shooter (PnR is basically his only offensive skill) makes it very difficult to build a true contender in modern basketball. So if lets say Mavs fail with Gobert in two campaigns, he would still have 3 years of his contract left at age 31. Would he still be easy to move then or would he be an anchor holding Mavs down for three more years? I would prefer to look for a three way deal sending Gobert somewhere else Smile

So that's a "no." Fair enough. 

I think having a 5 who wanted/needed to play pnr with Luka might actually make this offense BETTER, but it's all speculation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm | Gobert+Mitchell "at each others throats" - by KillerLeft - 02-05-2022, 11:29 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM