Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(02-04-2022, 03:26 PM)omahen Wrote: Maxi, Powell and similar are role players. Contenders will not give up good players for role players. Rebuilding teams have no interest in role players, they want young talent and/or picks. I am affraid DFS and Brunson will be moved to Maxi/Powell or THJ/KP class, once they sign their shiny new contracts. And Mavs will remain where they are.

I have higher opinions of Jalen and DFS, but your point is solid.

We may not want to hear this but it may be best to remain patient now.  I certainly don't want to watch the same team gain, but this team has screwed up so much.  But making another mistake with a move is definitely now what we want.  Especially when teams can smell desperation.   This offseason/next trade deadline we will have Powell, Maxi and Burke expiring.   Bullock has 5 million guaranteed the following year.  Those are salaries that can get us a big $ back.  We would need to use picks and pick swaps probably.   

Lets hope we wind up with Dragic and continue to develop internally.   It is not exciting and not really advancing our team, but it may very well be the smart move.

edit: Portland has been always been chasing trying to build a team around Dame.   A lot of their moves have been reported as solid when they happened.   They just haven't worked out.   For instance, they traded two firsts for Roco and then moved Gary Trent for Powell.  Now for both players they have added Justice Winslow, Eric Bledsoe, Keon Johnson and a second round pick.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL:Feb 10, 2pm |Lillard would "prefer west coast" if POR trades him - by Chicagojk - 02-04-2022, 03:38 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM