Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(02-04-2022, 10:24 AM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: Here is the problem with trading Brunson:

He has improved statistically every year so for anyone to say he cannot be this or he is this is ignoring those important points. Why do I bring those points up, he has not reached his ceiling yet and I have said from Day 1 he is approaching the path of possibly being Kyle Lowery who was better after 28 than he was before age 28. 

I WOUD NOT TRADE JALEN BRUNSON

The Mavericks need to figure out how to improve but add to their core and Brunson is a part of that core. I also see DFS as a part of that core but I do not view him as a starter. Remember the Warriors had Iggy coming off the bench when they were a championship squad. DFS is our version of a young Iggy in terms of what he brings to the table. 

The guy that needs to go is KP and we need better pieces and more veteran leadership. It would also not hurt to keep our draft pick in 2022 and move up and get another critical piece. This is a pretty legit draft IMO. BTW my issues with KP are health not talent. You cannot win and be a legit contender when your 2nd or 3rd best player is in street clothes when you need him. That has been the case every year with KP since he has been a Mav.
Good post and a lot of good points!  I am willing to gamble on Brunson continuing on an upward trajectory.  The guy is a worker and adds to his game every year.  When you look at the numbers, they do not show vast improvement with the increase in minutes...…but it is clear when watching him that he has added to his game.   That being said, all of your points are a MAJOR reason you absolutely, positively, cannot lose him for nothing.  I have my doubts as to if he wants to be here.  The latest rumblings of him staying a Mav could easily be a smokescreen to keep his trade value high.  He is an East coast guy, and so is his Dad.  NY is still a very attractive place to play and they seem to be making better moves lately (sorta, maybe...who knows). I hope I am wrong on this, because most of the trades proposed for JB are not that intriguing.   

Agree, if we make a major move.....it should be KP and/or THJ going out.  I would also be willing to move Maxi, Bullock, Green, and Powell.  You gotta give something to get something.  Luka is untouchable and I prefer to keep DFS.  The rest are fillers in so far as trades go.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL:Feb 10, 2pm |Lillard would "prefer west coast" if POR trades him - by Davemo - 02-04-2022, 01:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM