Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-30-2022, 01:48 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I wish the Mavs would have over analyzed some of their choices instead of just going after big names or whatever we view as the best available talent. For the most part that´s how they ended up with nothing (scrambling to sign some one year deals) or with mediocre big names past their prime (Williams, DAJ, Barnes...).
You picked one specific example where things worked out for GS. What about Kemba  and Hayward in Boston. Or more recently RW in LA. In hindsight it is easy to make a call on those moves. But I don´t see a general trend.
In GS case I would make the case that they actually gave up the at the time higher ranked individual talent (Russell) in exchange for better fit (Wiggins) and a pick (Kuminga).

Please tell me who the Mavs went after as best talent?  They put one name up there and other than that got into paralysis by over analysis. Which IMO is what you are doing too. 

The Russel example was them taking the most talented player even if he was not the best fit and then moving him later for better fits. They didn’t wait for step 2 to happen because that option was not there. They took the option that was in front of them and made the other option later.  The Mavs meanwhile keep waiting for that option 2 as if that will magically happen. 

We lack a legit 2nd scorer. Ideally yes that person would be a perfect complement to Luka but we don’t have that luxury. Smart is not that player. Plus I am also looking for a player who can carry the offense when Luka is on the bench or misses a few games.  Sabonis will give us a better chance down the road also to do a Kuminga/Wiggins type of move if that opportunity presents itself.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm |POR ready to move McCollum? |Randle available - by hakeemfaan - 01-30-2022, 02:32 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM