Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(01-29-2022, 04:02 PM)omahen Wrote: If I assume NY is willing to offer Robinson and Dallas 2023 FRP to get Brunsons bird rights (approximately what would cost them to create cap space in the summer to sign him). Mavs don't really need another center, but there are teams that do need a center and could see long term fit in Robinson. So what would be three team opportunities without expanding the deal with big salary, basically involving Robinson, Brunson and a third guy?

Boston needs a center but I am not really impressed by any of their players on their rookie contracts.

Charlotte really needs a good center. Would they be willing to consider swapping PJ Washington for Robinson. Mavs would stabilize frontcourt with Washington, Powell, Maxi and KP. Mavs would have to look for a secondary creator next to Luka. With all picks available, could we target Beal or Lillard in the summer? MCCullom could be had at TDL already without sacrificing significant draft assets, so Mavs would keep plenty flexibility going forward. I see a lot of options in this scenario.

Detroit is another team that needs a center but I would only deal with them if Grant is involved. Certainly possible to expand a deal in that direction.

Toronto and Milwaukee could also use a center, but I don't see anything interesting there.

I love the idea of sending Mitchell to Charlotte for PJ.  Would need to figure something out for secondary playmaker and backup PG.  Maybe we get NY throw in Kemba or Quickley?

For Boston, I wonder if something like Bullock + Robinson would land Smart.  Then we have all of our picks available to upgrade the 4.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm |Kings drop out of Simmons pursuit| Randle available - by mvossman - 01-29-2022, 09:57 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM