Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
I watched almost all of NY/MIL last night to get a better feel for the various players we are talking about in NY. Small sample size, yet a good flavor of the roster, and it offered a lot of insight to understand the player stats and where they come from. Why isn't this guy playing more, who shows potential, etc

But was easy to see why the talent that it looks like they have, on paper, isn't nearly as impressive when they play. It was a game of opportunity, for so many of them, and the play was really ragged. Lots of try hard, but wow some that are highly touted have such big holes in their game.

Some observations ...

Brunson (or any decent PG) would help them a lot.

Robinson - for all the acclaim over him being the next great thing, he's been in the league 4 years, and you would want him benched him if he was a Mav. Didn't appear to be anything special on either end, although he can jump well so tries to block everything.

Barrett - frustrating to see him play, he's supposed to be the next big thing for NY, but his play is so very ordinary

Tobbin - uber-athletic (can jump out of the gym) but VERY unpolished. The "what-if" reaction to him is understandable, but I'm not sold that he should be enough to get you JB. Watching him play and what he doesn't do, it's easy to understand why he is played so little. (If you've followed the NBA for awhile, he reminds me a lot of a guy named Kenny (Sky) Walker, who had the athleticism that made you ooh and ahh and think he would one day be a star, but it usually didn't translate into anything very valuable on the court.)

Randle - disappointing to see what he's become this year. Huge regression in his game. No thanks.

Kemba - he is so washed. Hard pass.

Quickley - meh. Hard to tell if he has anything, in that setting, but have to think if he did he'd be in a central role, because they need a PG badly.

Fournier - he's the same guy as in ORL, whose numbers look good, but he can be very invisible. I wouldn't want that contract.

Burks is the one guy you might want imo. If healthy (he's out right now, and not sure what that means for his future), Rose too.
[-] The following 3 users Like F Gump's post:
  • KillerLeft, Paul Gasol, SleepingHero
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by Kammrath - 08-10-2021, 10:23 AM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL: Feb 10, 2pm |Kings drop out of Simmons pursuit| Randle available - by F Gump - 01-29-2022, 02:25 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by KillerLeft - 02-10-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by TXBamanut - 02-10-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over - by SkenfromLMF - 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM